House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Relation To Rv

euro20

HOLA441

Are you tracking against the for sale price or the agreed price? If the latter, how are you obtaining this figure? I'm looking at South and East Belfast currently. Is there much competition out there for properties?

I track the asking price vs RV. With Templeton Robinson they also often publish the current offer on their own website - except when it goes Sale Agreed then you see no price.

For example

http://www.templetonrobinson.co.uk/Property/belfast/TRLTRL74076/3-cambourne-park/

List Price @ £795k

Current Offer @ £750k

RV @ £825k

You are at the top end of the market here so demand is much more limited - not too many people looking to spend that amount of money.

30 Myrtlefield Park

Asking Price: £565k

RV: £625k

Last price I saw before Sale Agreed @ £615k. It could have easily sold for more than that as I don't constantly monitor the price changes on the EA websites.

My sense is that the lower the price the greater the demand and then I think you have to pay over the RV in South Belfast.

Ask the EA what particular houses sold for and do your own research.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

A very belated thanks for the replies. Just to give you an update I decided to keep the property and rent it out. Its in the Coleraine area and prices seem to be in or around the RV. Its rented to a professional family who i've had no problems with at all and receiving £550 per month. Playing the long game and hoping that when my children are older this will help start them off.

My house is still rented although it's now on a rolling 3 month contract. Just curious, as always, on the views of the members here as to the best course of action moving forward. My thoughts are to keep the house and hope that prices increase at a steady rate over the next 10 years or so. I'm Intersted in the views of the members on this strategy- do you think prices are likely to continue to increase? Should I still play the long game and rent the property or consider selling now?