House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal - Blackheath (london)

IMD

HOLA441

Pottered down this way this afternoon - encouraging sites for HPC'ers - every estate agent was open (NB: This is Sunday!) and one had several house prices crossed out or crudely altered downwards.

Doom is coming, I tell you Doom! And about flippin' time...

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yes I've noticed estate agents in SW London area all looking pretty quiet in mid-range houses we were looking at, in certain areas.

There was a brief blip of activity around May/June when quite a bit sold but it's been quiet for months now. People who were trying to sell their house/flat seem to have given up because they didn't get the asking price and have taken it off the market. And very few new houses are coming to the market.

Decent options seem to be in short supply. Anything that's worth looking at still feels very expensive, and yet very little new stuff is coming on the market and if it does, it's all still ludicrously priced.

HOLA444
Pottered down this way this afternoon - encouraging sites for HPC'ers - every estate agent was open (NB: This is Sunday!) and one had several house prices crossed out or crudely altered downwards.

Doom is coming, I tell you Doom! And about flippin' time...

I personally know of an estate agent through an acquaintance who has only sold 8 properties in the last 8 months (this is Bromley/Biggin Hill area).