House Price Crash Forum

Which Other Countries Take Refugees From The Uk?

HOLA441

If you rent and/or save the UK government is persecuting you.

The budget yesterday made that very clear.

SMI extended for a year

This is the persecuted's taxes being used to help other people live in houses they cannot afford to try prop up house prices and price the persecuted out of the market.

This SMI is available for an unlimited amount of time for people receiving pension credit or anyone on Income Support. People receiving pension credit are more likely to have bought when houses were cheaper. Income support can be claimed by lone parents, anyone with less than £16k in savings, a refugee learning English.

Councils and Government funding 20% deposits for FTB

This is councils and the government using the persecuted's taxes to buy other people houses. A 20% Interest Only mortgage possibly for life. This also helps fund banks and so lessens the chance that they might pay savers a better rate.

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) changed for BTL landlords

A landlord buying five properties valued at £200,000 each would have faced a tax bill of five percent i.e. £50,000.

Now being able to choose to pay SDLT in relation to the average property value means that the one percent rate applies, and therefore the final bill is reduced to £10,000.

No removal of the 20% income tax on savings.

Cameron pledged this exact thing prior to being elected. Osborne agreed, to use the tax system to help the "virtuous savers" who Labour had forgotten.

So which countries takes refugees from the UK? I would particularly be interested in a country where I don't have to work, can claim living costs and live in a house for free, paid for by other people who work, rent and save.

HOLA442

So which countries takes refugees from the UK? I would particularly be interested in a country where I don't have to work, can claim living costs and live in a house for free, paid for by other people who work, rent and save.

Ireland pretty much meets your criteria although maybe not for long. My sister-in-law is a benefits refugee there.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

If you rent and/or save the UK government is persecuting you.

At the risk of being po-faced about this, what with people being genuinely tortured, shot and imprisoned across a whole swathe for daring to ask for the rights to - for instance - whinge about the government on the Internet, it seems in pretty bad taste to claim that a few budget gestures amount to 'persecution'.

HOLA446

At the risk of being po-faced about this, what with people being genuinely tortured, shot and imprisoned across a whole swathe for daring to ask for the rights to - for instance - whinge about the government on the Internet, it seems in pretty bad taste to claim that a few budget gestures amount to 'persecution'.

+1.

What a gittish, trivialising OP.