House Price Crash Forum

This Is - The Watershed.

HOLA441

"The figures suggest that house price inflation is edging down to zero, an important point when home owners will have few grounds to believe house prices will rise in the near term and investors will no longer be able to justify holding property on the basis of past capital appreciation. "

Finally, we are near the fulcrum where the balance will

finally tip.

The Financial Times (no less) :-

Anecdotal evidence from estate agents supports the view that only “the best” properties are finding willing buyers. This effect, if true, would help to explain the divergence between the measures of house prices, which have indicated a relatively stable market, and surveys of estate agents, which tend to be more negative.

The FT house-price index combines the latest data on all of the properties sold in July and August recorded at the Land Registry with a statistical model to provide greater timeliness.

Edited by justanewbie

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
[absolute rubbish my boy

us BTLs will buy more property when and if the prices drop :rolleyes:  :P  :D  B)

I know its a piss take but try to answer as if it was real...

Drop by how much?

If property looks to fall by -20% will you wait until then or will you buy at -10%?

Obviously if your thinking of putting off buying up all these properties until prices fall then by how much, how long will you wait, will you wait for it to bottom out?

Edited by theChuz

HOLA445

I know its a piss take but try to answer as if it was real...

Drop by how much?

If property looks to fall by -20% will you wait until then or will you buy at -10%?

Obviously if your thinking of putting off buying up all these properties until prices fall then by how much, how long will you wait, will you wait for it to bottom out?

Thanks Chuz.

If I had unlimited money I would by 1 unit at -10 4@ -20 and 8@ -40. I would then rent out for whatever the market dictated and wait till the whole lot had gone back up to -20 and flog the lot for a healthy profit!

As it is, I am going to wait until I can get something I like in an area I like for 3.5X my earnings in that area. Its not about - or + percentages for me. What its about is

* rent or buy, what is available for what I can afford at the moment is crap

* I would prefer to rent crap than buy it, because that doesn't lock me into a long term future living crappily...

* If things stays the way they are at the moment then I would be better off anyway buying a bedford van become a wandering hippy- the pay would be rubbish but then I wouldn't have to constantly be saving for the future either!!! The end of civilisation so to speak.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Who would knowingly buy into a falling market ?

Only the very desperate or foolish now I believe. Most will wait...and wait...and wait...years in some cases. Then start to buy...and buy...and buy starting another boom. :)

Cycles. ;)