House Price Crash Forum

Ladder Theory

fellow

HOLA441

The Ladder Theory

The ladder theory is a funny, scientific explanation of how men and women are attracted to each other. It also covers such topics as why women sometimes just want to be friends but men always want sex. It is based upon many years of sociological field testing, and was first conceptualized in 1994 in Exeter, CA by Dallas Lynn with acknowledgements to Jared Whitson for his role in formalizing the theory.

HOLA442

I had a quick glance at this.

Honestly, I don't know how helpful a device is that puts 50% of the population in one camp and 50% in another and then comes out with 2 viewpoints. It's a very blunt instrument. People are individuals, much simpler to treat them as such rather than try to create some rough mind-reading system based on average responses (as recorded by some spotty student with a clipboard).

My only advice to male HPCers trying to understand women is first ignore everything written on this forum.

HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000

I had a quick glance at this.

Honestly, I don't know how helpful a device is that puts 50% of the population in one camp and 50% in another and then comes out with 2 viewpoints. It's a very blunt instrument. People are individuals, much simpler to treat them as such rather than try to create some rough mind-reading system based on average responses (as recorded by some spotty student with a clipboard).

Yes, but it is very funny and I'm fairly certain the guy that wrote it isn't being entirely serious.

My only advice to male HPCers trying to understand women is first ignore everything written on this forum.

Yep, far better to get out and talk to a few real ones. Same goes for woman trying to understand men I would say too.

HOLA444

Yes, but it is very funny and I'm fairly certain the guy that wrote it isn't being entirely serious.

Yep, far better to get out and talk to a few real ones. Same goes for woman trying to understand men I would say too.

I duuno. There is a grain of truth in it. It provides an interesting framework that a lot of people, men especially, can relate to. If it was too far off the mark, the theory wouldn't be such a strong "meme." The fact is a lot of men I know can relate their personal psychology and life experiences to it.

Archived