House Price Crash Forum

Auditors Under Fire For Role In Bank Crisis

HOLA441

Strong criticism of the big four auditing companies from the FSA. But then again weren't the FSA meant to be regulating the auditors?

Auditors under fire for role in bank crisis

"The FSA stressed these failings could give rise to enforcement action." :lol: Will anyone at the FSA face enforcement action? <_<

The whole system failed, from banks to regulators via auditors. This is one to keep an eye I think though somehow I doubt any serious action come as a result. Remember Fred Goodwin?

Edited by Dave Spart

HOLA442

Strong criticism of the big four auditing companies from the FSA. But then again weren't the FSA meant to be regulating the auditors?

Auditors under fire for role in bank crisis

"The FSA stressed these failings could give rise to enforcement action." :lol: Will anyone at the FSA face enforcement action? <_<

The whole system failed, from banks to regulators via auditors. This is one to keep an eye I think though somehow I doubt any serious action come as a result. Remember Fred Goodwin?

mark to market

or mark to model

and

who do the auditors answer to the management or the shareholders

HOLA443
HOLA444

...like the FSA guilty auditors should be closed down....what is this ..?....why are we still in Brown's 'la la land'... :rolleyes:

The FSA also suggested that auditors could face greater regulatory supervision if they failed to blow the whistle on irregularities in their clients’ accounts.

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA445

What is the role of auditors?

Jones's misconduct started in mid January 2007 when he agreed, along with David Baker (former NR Deputy CEO), to allow false mortgage arrears figures to appear in explanatory text published with the 2006 annual accounts. Reporting correct figures would have either increased arrears by over 50% or possessions figures by approximately 300%.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/126.shtml