House Price Crash Forum

Stockport/trafford Semis

HOLA441

Don't know if anyone else has noticed the huge amount of semis coming onto the market in Stockport/Trafford. I receive email alerts for semis from £150k-£220k in Cheadle, the Heatons, Timperley and Sale and over the last few weeks I've been seeing them come on at around two per day. Not expecting massive reductions for a few months yet but the increase in supply should help push prices down by the time I come to buy (probably Autumn 2011).

HOLA442

There were plenty of bargains to be had in 2009 in Cheadle, the Heatons and Timperley. I've noticed massive asking price increases this year and some houses actually going SSTC at these higher prices, especially in Heaton Moor. <_<

Edited by Kazuya

HOLA443

I didn't have much of a house deposit back in 2009 so wouldn't have been able to take advantage. Aiming to take stock in Easter 2011 and start looking around. With the amount of property coming on the market I'm hoping to be able to get a solid semi (fnar) in need of modernisation for £150k.

Oh yes, forget Heaton Moor. £200k for a terraced? No thanks. Timperley seems to offer the best value for money to me and isn't as noisy as most of Cheadle (A34/M56/M60/airport). Will keep waiting and building the deposit.