House Price Crash Forum

Half The Uk Is Taking A 50% Pay Cut

HOLA441

Now prices are not rising, this means half the people in the uk are just about to take a 50% cut in there wages, and even more in many cases.

Every day they went to work and earned there 60 pounds, and there house went up 80 pounds.

After a year or so they took out 10k off what has now become there second job/income

These increases in wages have been factored into there lifestyles, and now there going to lose half there income, and most likely all there income.

So i ask anyone on here that owns a house for the last 5 years, how does it feel losing half your income?

As the people like me never had this second income we wont miss it, but if my wages was cut in half overnight like homeowners wages are i would be totaly horrified.

Where is the economy going to go now half of the peoples income has just been cut in half?

HOLA442

That is assuming that they took out MEW.

If that is the case then it could be a double whammy - no more equity to release, and increased interest payments for the "Free" money they MEWed.

If people have been MEWing just to make up the mortgage repayments (and CCs etc) then things will get extremely messy.

HOLA443
Now prices are not rising, this means half the people in the uk are just about to take a 50% cut in there wages, and even more in many cases.

Every day they went to work and earned there 60 pounds, and there house went up 80 pounds.

After a year or so they took out 10k off what has now become there second job/income

These increases in wages have been factored into there lifestyles, and now there going to lose half there income, and most likely all there income.

So i ask anyone on here that owns a house for the last 5 years, how does it feel losing half your income?

As the people like me never had this second income we wont miss it, but if my wages was cut in half overnight like homeowners wages are i would be totaly horrified.

Where is the economy going to go now half of the peoples income has just been cut in half?

We've owned a house for a lot longer than the last five years. Our income has grown, not everyone has MEWed, in fact I don't know anyone who has. We've all been quietly paying off our repayment mortgages and watching the amount outstanding fall year on year.