House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Dividend Yield

anonguest

HOLA441

Does anyone definitively know what the current dividend yield of the FTSE-100 is??(and 250 for that matter)

Even the official FTSE.com website no longer lists it in the daily data of closing values, P/E ratio, etc.

Just cant seem to find any definitive up to date value.

Even better would be some recent historical data, showing how it has changed over last few years to the present.

Thanks in advance

Edited by anonguest

HOLA442

Not overvalued like some people would lead you to believe - as of today:

P/e of 15.09

Yield of 3.57

http://markets.ft.com/ft/markets/researchArchive.asp?report=FTUK&cat=EQ

http://markets.ft.com/ft/markets/reports/FTReport.asp?dockey=FTUK-110210

many thanks for those links. very useful. strange though how the FTSE.com website apparently seemed to have stopped publishing the divi yield along side the daily closing and p/e value.

I agree with your comments. I suspected that the ftse-100 still had a reasonable div. yield (given the low rate environment we are in). could this act as a limit to possible downside in the ftse that many see coming?

HOLA443

many thanks for those links. very useful. strange though how the FTSE.com website apparently seemed to have stopped publishing the divi yield along side the daily closing and p/e value.

I agree with your comments. I suspected that the ftse-100 still had a reasonable div. yield (given the low rate environment we are in). could this act as a limit to possible downside in the ftse that many see coming?

I like the look of Telecoms Plus (TEP) in the FTSE Small Cap.

Trading currently at 280p with a projected dividend of 22p. Cash rich company too.

HOLA444

Not overvalued like some people would lead you to believe - as of today:

P/e of 15.09

Yield of 3.57

http://markets.ft.com/ft/markets/researchArchive.asp?report=FTUK&cat=EQ

http://markets.ft.com/ft/markets/reports/FTReport.asp?dockey=FTUK-110210

well it depends on what you call overvalued, by any historical basis outside the last twenty years those figures are massive overvaluation territory, the reason they havent been perceived as overvalued is because of capital growth which has offset the requirement for income growth. Capital growth is also a result of the same cheap credit bubble/leverage as houses. Without this you could cut the market value by another 2/3 and they still wouldnt be historically cheap bear market bottom value.

To understand real value figures such as PE and yield really need to be looked at over a much longer period of history, restricting it to a shorter time frame gives no context due to the massive positive skew of the last few decades. We have been extremely fortunate to have lived during the the greatet period of prolonged credit and to a large extent economic growth in history, that is not unfortunately normal

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA445

Not if that downside involves falling revenues and dividends. Watch for the layoffs.

The million squid question is, to what extent has that already happened?