House Price Crash Forum

The Use Of Land Is A Natural Right

HOLA441

Again, you are atempting to resolve our disupte using words while saying it's impossible to do so.

Do you bump into furniture a lot, by any chance?

I am not attempting to resolve our dispute

I am just reinforcing my own beliefs, which is what you are also doing.

In the example I gave we could attempt to decide which of our children got the bullet in the head by discussing the matter

but we both know that discussion would not lead to a resolution

My guess is that the physically strongest would get the gun and shoot the others child

thus resolving the 'dispute'.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I am not attempting to resolve our dispute

I am just reinforcing my own beliefs, which is what you are also doing.

No, you are proving my position factually correct over and over and I am allowing you to continually do so by responding.

In the example I gave we could attempt to decide which of our children got the bullet in the head by discussing the matter

but we both know that discussion would not lead to a resolution

My guess is that the physically strongest would get the gun and shoot the others child

thus resolving the 'dispute'.

Cockwaffle.

Edited by Injin

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'll just have one more go at clarification - a political rights system is one of constraints.

It's not like you are completely incapable of doing anything until you are allowed to, you are capable of much that you are no longer allowed.

I understand

Some of what we are capable of doing and not allowed to do is a good thing

Some of what we are capable of doing and not allowed to do is a bad thing

If we have a practical, better means of arbitrating the conflict between capability and rights than the current flawed political system, I would like to try to understand it.

HOLA4410

Because to be "right" it has to be a property that we all inherently possess.

You can't have a right to chop someone elses head off due to the fact that to be a right, you would also need to chop off your own.

Not to say you can't swing that axe, but you can't claim it as a right without suicide.

At least you didn't say that rights don't exist ......

;)

HOLA4411

I understand

Some of what we are capable of doing and not allowed to do is a good thing

Some of what we are capable of doing and not allowed to do is a bad thing

If we have a practical, better means of arbitrating the conflict between capability and rights than the current flawed political system, I would like to try to understand it.

We do, we've had it for a good while now but have been scared to use it.

Scientific method, logic and evidence will get us the right answer.

HOLA4412

There you go, we both agree you are wrong and nobody had to hit anyone

I knew you would see sense in the end

I did not concede I was wrong, I said I did not believe I had won the 'argument'

Our differences are impossible to resolve by discussion, but as they are unimportant we can disagree without resorting to violence.

Most human conflict on the other hand involves competition for resources which is by definition a matter of life or death

This would include competition for land.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I did not concede I was wrong, I said I did not believe I had won the 'argument'

Our differences are impossible to resolve by discussion, but as they are unimportant we can disagree without resorting to violence.

Most human conflict on the other hand involves competition for resources which is by definition a matter of life or death

This would include competition for land.

Oh we have dropped down to most from all!

Good job man. :)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Well occasionally people also kill each other in disputes over abstract concepts such as religion for example.

:)

Yes, because those things don't exist.

The only things you need to get violent about are fictional ones. No one fights over facts, they can just point to them.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

That's a result, not a question.

What woul dbe the question posed to lead to the result "we have to kill each other" ?

How do I get more resources in order ensure that my genes and not someone elses get passed on to future generations?

And your assertion that scientific method, logic and evidence will get us the right answer is correct as long as the question is 'how can I kill other humans more easily and efficiently?'

Unfortunately history clearly demonstrates that when one group of humans gains even a slight scientific advantage over another group of humans the result is usually pretty catastrophic for the less technologically advanced group.

:blink:

HOLA4421

How do I get more resources in order ensure that my genes and not someone elses get passed on to future generations?

And your assertion that scientific method, logic and evidence will get us the right answer is correct as long as the question is 'how can I kill other humans more easily and efficiently?'

Unfortunately history clearly demonstrates that when one group of humans gains even a slight scientific advantage over another group of humans the result is usually pretty catastrophic for the less technologically advanced group.

Does it?

If you look at the evidence you'll see that you can't get a scientific advantage without co-operating. Therefore co-operation is the answer to the question "how do I get more resources and ensure that my genes and not someone elses get passed on to future generations?"

And not getting yourself blown up in a war or something retarded like that.

HOLA4422

Does it?

If you look at the evidence you'll see that you can't get a scientific advantage without co-operating. Therefore co-operation is the answer to the question "how do I get more resources and ensure that my genes and not someone elses get passed on to future generations?"

And not getting yourself blown up in a war or something retarded like that.

Co-operating with humans who share the majority of our genes in order to gain an advantage over other humans who do not.

And if getting blown up in a war ensures that my own children survive then that is the opposite of retarded because I am going to die sooner or later anyway.

HOLA4423

"The proletariat are being oppressed by the system."

Unfortunately, the proletariat have a habit of being more oppressive to themselves than the traditional system that recognises their value along with their shortcomings.

Yep - it's easy to rationalise placing your foot in people's faces and pretending the situation is 'neccessary' - afterall, people are so worthless and useless and there are so many of them, they need to be oppressed by your size tens. Wake up, halfwit, you are arguing away your own rights by engaging in this vain drivel

Edited by Stars

HOLA4424

Co-operating with humans who share the majority of our genes in order to gain an advantage over other humans who do not.

And if getting blown up in a war ensures that my own children survive then that is the opposite of retarded because I am going to die sooner or later anyway.

First you have to co-operate.

Therefore co operation is superior to violence.

Simple as that. :)

HOLA4425

First you have to co-operate.

Therefore co operation is superior to violence.

Simple as that. :)

No.

It is the threat of violence that drives co-operation between humans

because co-operation is necessary in order to use superior violence to resolve disputes with other groups of humans.

The disputes are resolved by violence - not co-operation.

Edited by Game_Over