• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Copied from the new St. Albans thread.

I think this is looking quite encouraging, unless its a detached house you're after.

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

Maybe, but the samples are small. I'm sure that flats haven't really fallen by 34% (average) or 24% (median).

Interesting to see the drop in sales volume though - mirrors the drop in proerties on Connells books. I wasn't sure if this was due to few properties hitting the market, or whether they were flying off the shelves. Looks like it might be the former.

Or maybe it's a lag with the Land Registry data being relased, and they're not appearing in the data <_< .

mjd

HOLA446

Maybe, but the samples are small. I'm sure that flats haven't really fallen by 34% (average) or 24% (median).

I'd agree with that, and looking around the "asking" prices have not gone down, but they aint gone up.

........and it may put an end to the "prices only go up" or "this area is immune" comments !!

They don't and it isn't.

HOLA447

I'd agree with that, and looking around the "asking" prices have not gone down, but they aint gone up.

........and it may put an end to the "prices only go up" or "this area is immune" comments !!

They don't and it isn't.

Agree. We've suggested before that the market for flats has become saturated, and this is what I'm seeing in flat (pun) resale prices at the moment.

Added to this possible oversupply, the 250k stamp duty threshold is probably acting to bunch up properties in the 200-250k range.

Speaking of the threshold, this turkey has come back to the market:

It's on Lemsford Road with the railway 20m from the back door, and we viewed it 4.5 years ago when it was on for £195k - they've since slapped in a partitionning wall between the kitchen and lounge. This doesn't change the fact that it's small, oddly laid out and that the whole building seems to be falling down :huh:

mjd

Edited by mjdazeley

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Anyone remember this one?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-128...=1&tr_t=buy

It's been on the market for over 3 years. The price may have dropped a touch (I can't remember), but you think the owner would have smelt the coffee by now!?!?

Oh well at least it entertains us.

EDIT: just found where it was originally posted here, the vendor has dropped the price (by about £20,000), my guess is that it's all to little too late.

Edited by laughing_goat

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I don't know about flats but houses in this area, Fleetville area, have gone up in price. They have increased quite a bit since before the summer. A few have been way over priced and have not sold. So everything that comes on the market is not being snapped up instantly. But I'm shocked at the 20-25K increase since the summer.

pim

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

Just anecdotal, but looked at flats around Cedar Ct. a couple of years ago, and they were going for around £155k, saw one in the paper a couple of weeks back, and it was up for £155k, I was quite suprised to see they've gone nowhere in 2 yrs. :)

Where is Cedar Court? £155k sounds quite 'cheap' for a flat in St Albans?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/13534676

I'm particularly impressed with the kitchen.

:wacko:

blimey! I know the locations good but still!

However, how much do you reckon it is worth? (By worth I mean how much I'd think about paying not what it would sell for today)

Ideally, I'd love to see it at £250k but £300k is probably more realistic.

Edited by swervy_ervy

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

blimey! I know the locations good but still!

However, how much do you reckon it is worth? (By worth I mean how much I'd think about paying not what it would sell for today)

Ideally, I'd love to see it at £250k but £300k is probably more realistic.

Crikey! With the visable state the place is in, I would be willing to bet that the place hasn't been looked after very well, can you imagine what a survey might uncover. Also, the rooms are tiny, I would seriously struggle to justify even half the asking price.

The location may be fashonable but, I've never understood the attraction of the conservation area, grossly overpriced tiny houses, any alterations have to be approved, you have to pay for a 'non-guaranteed' parking space and it's noisy as hell.

HOLA4424
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4425