House Price Crash Forum

Age Of The 'bonsai' Bin: Families Will Be Forced To Cram Their Rubbish Into Mini Wheelies

HOLA441
If you wanted to do something effective about packaging you put the tax on the SUPPLIER and PRODUCER of goods and packaging. It would be efficient and effective.

Packaging is often used by producers to make a product look more than it is, boxes half empty to fool the customer they are getting more than they really are to justify the price.

But no.

As for using the fly-tipping rules, well all that does is equate leaving more rubbish in the APPROPRIATE place with the likes of those that WILFULLY go and dump their rubbish where it definitely shouldn't be placed. Shame on the Liberal cretins.

+1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Good plan! I like it! Id be in favour of this if we did a scheme where:-

Big bin £50 council tax a month

Medium Bin £30 council tax a month

Tiny Bin £20 council tax a month

Maybe the sizes would be automatically decided by number of people living there, so that large families naturally pay more as they use more services. :rolleyes: The councils really need to get into the idea that people will recycle if is in their personal interests to do so, ie its cheaper and I dont mean avoiding a fine.

My council charge £180 a month to live in this house that I can't afford to buy.

I think they are really good value for money.

HOLA443
This is not true - the big four supermarkets are increasing (almost) exponentially their overall packaging year on year. This year again they failed to reduce the amount of packaging they produce to the levels they were producing five years ago.

The flaw in the logic of your argument is readily demonstrated - if the amount of food we consume is similar to that say thirty years ago regardless of the frequency of shopping one would expect the packaging levels to be broadly similar.

Rubbish bins have grown enormously in size in the last thirty years - they are now treble the volume they were in the late 60's early 70's.

Yep, you're desd right. Directors of retail chains frequently ponder 'should we have a larger bonus this year of pointlessly spend the money on packaging' and plump for going without to give the poor customers some more unnecessary packaging they don't want. :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

HOLA444
*Buys 1,000 shares in British Domestic Waste Compacters Research Ltd*

http://www.orwak.co.uk/productDetails.asp?rID=1&pID=34

I favour this model. However it does have to go in an outbuilding as the, already tall machine, shoots 4ft up in the air to change the bag - which is like putting a huge condom on. The upside is it operates off a 3-pin plug and isn't that industrial sounding (although pretty loud at the point where the rubbish is under maximum compression) as to arouse the neighbour's suspicions.

I can't be bothered to recycle and I find this gets 4-6 weeks worth of rubbish compacted into one (very heavy) bag for me to take to work.

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer