Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Disposable Heroes

Ftb's - Be Carefull Of Your Crystal Ball.

Recommended Posts

Guest DisposableHeroes

If only Kim Yeates had looked into the future before putting a crystal ball on a window sill, she’d have seen danger.

For the three inch glass ornament sparked a blaze that gutted her first floor flat, causing £10,000 of damage to the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.

Mum-of-one Kim returned home from visiting a friend to find the devastation.

Firefighters later discovered the fire was triggered by the £20 crystal ball deflecting sun rays on to the back of the TV, which exploded and then set fire to a sofa.

The former BBC production assistant lost all her possessions in the inferno which has left her homeless.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Kim, 53, from Worle, Somerset, said: “My life has been totally wrecked by this crystal ball.

“I’ve got no insurance and almost everything I owned was in the flat. The fireman said this is the first time he has ever heard of a crystal ball causing a fire in his 25-year career.

“He was just as surprised as me. I used to love looking at the crystal ball and watching the sunlight come through it but I wish I had never got it now.â€

Kim bought it from an art gallery shop three years ago but her mum was so angered by what happened she threw it away.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service yesterday confirmed it was the cause of the fire. And a spokesman said: “It is very uncommon.â€

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21590447/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If only Kim Yeates had looked into the future before putting a crystal ball on a window sill, she’d have seen danger.

For the three inch glass ornament sparked a blaze that gutted her first floor flat, causing £10,000 of damage to the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.

Mum-of-one Kim returned home from visiting a friend to find the devastation.

Firefighters later discovered the fire was triggered by the £20 crystal ball deflecting sun rays on to the back of the TV, which exploded and then set fire to a sofa.

The former BBC production assistant lost all her possessions in the inferno which has left her homeless.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Kim, 53, from Worle, Somerset, said: “My life has been totally wrecked by this crystal ball.

“I’ve got no insurance and almost everything I owned was in the flat. The fireman said this is the first time he has ever heard of a crystal ball causing a fire in his 25-year career.

“He was just as surprised as me. I used to love looking at the crystal ball and watching the sunlight come through it but I wish I had never got it now.â€

Kim bought it from an art gallery shop three years ago but her mum was so angered by what happened she threw it away.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service yesterday confirmed it was the cause of the fire. And a spokesman said: “It is very uncommon.â€

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21590447/

Wonder if she will scrimp on insurance next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   291 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.