House Price Crash Forum

Ftb's - Be Carefull Of Your Crystal Ball.

Guest Disposable Heroes

HOLA441
Guest DisposableHeroes

If only Kim Yeates had looked into the future before putting a crystal ball on a window sill, she’d have seen danger.

For the three inch glass ornament sparked a blaze that gutted her first floor flat, causing £10,000 of damage to the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.

Mum-of-one Kim returned home from visiting a friend to find the devastation.

Firefighters later discovered the fire was triggered by the £20 crystal ball deflecting sun rays on to the back of the TV, which exploded and then set fire to a sofa.

The former BBC production assistant lost all her possessions in the inferno which has left her homeless.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Kim, 53, from Worle, Somerset, said: “My life has been totally wrecked by this crystal ball.

“I’ve got no insurance and almost everything I owned was in the flat. The fireman said this is the first time he has ever heard of a crystal ball causing a fire in his 25-year career.

“He was just as surprised as me. I used to love looking at the crystal ball and watching the sunlight come through it but I wish I had never got it now.â€

Kim bought it from an art gallery shop three years ago but her mum was so angered by what happened she threw it away.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service yesterday confirmed it was the cause of the fire. And a spokesman said: “It is very uncommon.â€

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21590447/

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
If only Kim Yeates had looked into the future before putting a crystal ball on a window sill, she’d have seen danger.

For the three inch glass ornament sparked a blaze that gutted her first floor flat, causing £10,000 of damage to the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.

Mum-of-one Kim returned home from visiting a friend to find the devastation.

Firefighters later discovered the fire was triggered by the £20 crystal ball deflecting sun rays on to the back of the TV, which exploded and then set fire to a sofa.

The former BBC production assistant lost all her possessions in the inferno which has left her homeless.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Kim, 53, from Worle, Somerset, said: “My life has been totally wrecked by this crystal ball.

“I’ve got no insurance and almost everything I owned was in the flat. The fireman said this is the first time he has ever heard of a crystal ball causing a fire in his 25-year career.

“He was just as surprised as me. I used to love looking at the crystal ball and watching the sunlight come through it but I wish I had never got it now.â€

Kim bought it from an art gallery shop three years ago but her mum was so angered by what happened she threw it away.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service yesterday confirmed it was the cause of the fire. And a spokesman said: “It is very uncommon.â€

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21590447/

Wonder if she will scrimp on insurance next time

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Archived