House Price Crash Forum

"the House Price Crash Isn't Over Yet"

HOLA441

Conway stating the obvious:

..........this boom feels very much like a last hurrah. My hunch is that although many bankers think it really is back to the races (in terms of their remuneration) I suspect otherwise (as you may have told from some of my columns). So after this round of bonuses the extra impetus from the City property buyers could dissipate. Moreover, there are still some fears that we could succumb to another round of financial crisis in the next year or so, something which could do for London prices.

And this small pocket of activity cannot dispel the simple fact that house prices are unlikely to be fair value at the moment. They simply have not come down enough. Moreover, the amount of debt the average mortgage payer is in for has not diminished. Many homeowners have survived the first couple of years of the crisis because the Bank reduced interest rates so much. But they will suffer gradually as the Bank starts to lift rates. According to Fathom Consulting, this confluence of potential foreclosures and defaults could be a major issue for the UK economy next year........

Daily Telegraph

HOLA442
HOLA443
Yeah I read today that a single group of economists predicts houses falling 3% this year then rising 2% next.

Wow, I bet you're on the edge of your seat waiting for the sale of the century. :lol:

your hair is a mess.

looking forward to your haircut over the next two years?