House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

Is someone able to assist me?

I'm getting bored of my Slayer avatar and fancy a change, perhaps a picture of a kitten in a vase or something. The thing is I can remove my avatar fine and dandy. The problem is when I try to update it with a new pic, I can see the new avatar in the 'settings' screen but it doesn't appear on my posts. The old one remains however the (pixel?) size matches that of the intended replacement.

Am I being a numpty or have I got a gremlin in my PC?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Skinty

I'm getting bored of my Slayer avatar and fancy a change, perhaps a picture of a kitten in a vase or something. The thing is I can remove my avatar fine and dandy. The problem is when I try to update it with a new pic, I can see the new avatar in the 'settings' screen but it doesn't appear on my posts. The old one remains however the (pixel?) size matches that of the intended replacement.

That happens when you haven't refreshed the page in your browser. I've just done it and your avatar changed to a megadeth one.

HOLA445
Guest Skinty
You need to ask the Cookie Monster to come around and eat all your cookies.

I did that and he shat in my Sugar puffs. I think there's some rivalry with the Honey Monster going on ...

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK
That happens when you haven't refreshed the page in your browser. I've just done it and your avatar changed to a megadeth one.

Do you at least look a little bit like your avatar Skinty?

HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury

I recently added Ronnie in a slighter updated sweater. The last one was green.

You need to log out of the site and log back in and it will work.

HOLA448

Thanks for everyone's input. I knew there was a reason I should have brushed-up on this new fangled computer malarkey. I'll just shuffle-off now *whistles*...

HOLA449
Guest Skinty
Do you at least look a little bit like your avatar Skinty?

Younger, long hair and brunette as opposed to short and blonde

Same height though but I wear glasses.

So err ... not really.

Edited: Because I realised I'm not that much younger than when the photo was taken even though I am twenty years younger than the actress

HOLA4410
Guest Skinty
I recently added Ronnie in a slighter updated sweater. The last one was green.

I thought that there was something different about the avatar. I assumed that Ronnie had shaved his beard off.

HOLA4411
Guest theboltonfury
I thought that there was something different about the avatar. I assumed that Ronnie had shaved his beard off.

I have a selection of Ronnie's all from his chair. This is the grey sweaters first outing.

In my file, I have a lovely yellow slazenger v-neck ready to go one day.

BTW, I'm about a foot taller than Ronnie.

HOLA4412
I have a selection of Ronnie's all from his chair. This is the grey sweaters first outing.

In my file, I have a lovely yellow slazenger v-neck ready to go one day.

BTW, I'm about a foot taller than Ronnie.

I've been meaning to ask; what's with the Ronnie fixation? I am tickled by the idea that you could have a different Ronnie avatar for each day of the week.

HOLA4413
Guest theboltonfury
I've been meaning to ask; what's with the Ronnie fixation? I am tickled by the idea that you could have a different Ronnie avatar for each day of the week.

I have always thought he was pretty funny. Really, I just like the image of Ronnie in his chair preaching nonsensical titbits at other people he can't see. I think it's fitting.

With avatars, sometimes it clouds the text. For instance, poster Johnny Storm has an avatar of an angry looking young man whom I just want to punch. Therefore, it's quite tricky not to read his posts without being tarnished by the avatar. I'm quite shore Johnny is a fine lad though. Bloo Loo's just scares me, as does Keef's. Injin's just makes me believe he does a lot of masturbation.

HOLA4414
Guest Skinty

A Ronnie for duty and a Ronnie for pleasure.

HOLA4415
Guest Skinty
With avatars, sometimes it clouds the text. For instance, poster Johnny Storm has an avatar of an angry looking young man whom I just want to punch. Therefore, it's quite tricky not to read his posts without being tarnished by the avatar. I'm quite shore Johnny is a fine lad though. Bloo Loo's just scares me, as does Keef's. Injin's just makes me believe he does a lot of masturbation.

What about mine?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest theboltonfury
What about mine?

I'd like to take you out for a lovely tea. Then on to a club, where you would probably knife me to death.

HOLA4418
Guest Skinty
I'd like to take you out for a lovely tea. Then on to a club, where you would probably knife me to death.

Yay! Just the look I was aiming for :)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest X-QUORK
Yay! Just the look I was aiming for :)

Not sure why, but she looks like she's holding a fish to me...possibly some Freudian meaning I guess.

HOLA4421
Not sure why, but she looks like she's holding a fish to me...possibly some Freudian meaning I guess.

How bizarre, same here. Until today I thought it was some bizarre Statue of Liberty image and not some scorned woman with a knife.

Oh, and Bolton, lovely new avatar...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived