House Price Crash Forum

Now That Mp's Expenses Have Been Published

HOLA441

As per mischief making title ;) .

We could set up a website www.liarloans.com where the lot could be published :lol: .

What's motivated this was a heading in today's Daily Mail comment section "A decade of secrecy and deception".

Yeah, like that was confined to the Houses of Parliament. It happened in a few other houses too.

No redacting now!

HOLA442

...good point ....wonder how many people crying 'shame' at the MPs have signed an inaccurate mortgage application....which is breaking the law....but all this will never be researched or printed on the basis of cost ...unless it is big and organised .. <_<

HOLA443

I'm fed up with the sentiment behind "there's over 600 MPs having thgood names tainted by the actions of a few"

Well I suspect it's only a few who are exempt from it.

This country could benefit from some real frank and open discussion about where all this debt came from and where all the bailout money has gone.

(Gone never to return too)

HOLA444
...good point ....wonder how many people crying 'shame' at the MPs have signed an inaccurate mortgage application....which is breaking the law....but all this will never be researched or printed on the basis of cost ...unless it is big and organised .. <_<

I've always had the impression that there was reluctance to prosecute liar loans.

Remember the original liar loan was Peter Mandleson as reported back in 1998: http://212.58.226.17:8080/1/hi/business/yo...oney/241288.stm

HOLA445
I'm fed up with the sentiment behind "there's over 600 MPs having thgood names tainted by the actions of a few"

Well I suspect it's only a few who are exempt from it.

This country could benefit from some real frank and open discussion about where all this debt came from and where all the bailout money has gone.

(Gone never to return too)

...well we know that certain MPs have added to the country's debt by putting through false expenses....likewise we know that many mortgages were a work of fiction which in turn led 'bad debts' within the banks .....the lax lending to 'anyone with a pulse' in many cases must have had fictitious cases penned to make the record appear 'straight'.....the small good news is

we are likely to recover on the 'funding' taken by certain MPs and less likely to recover from the bad loans due to the falling market.....we have had enough discussion ...we now need punishment .....pulse or no pulse... <_<

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA446
I've always had the impression that there was reluctance to prosecute liar loans.

Remember the original liar loan was Peter Mandleson as reported back in 1998: http://212.58.226.17:8080/1/hi/business/yo...oney/241288.stm

...this may happen in many cases but shows the lack of moral fabric in our society when we continue to pass laws and revise them ....but fail to enforce them . ....and the continual utterance of calling wrongdoing ..'lessons learned'....this spiral needs to be broken.... <_<

Edited by South Lorne