House Price Crash Forum

Update From Me

HOLA441

Finally moved out of house with wretched landlady, (long history) have kept all email correspondance from her, found her new tenants who moved in 2 days ago.

Asked her for deposit back, after her stating that in order to ensure the return of my deposit we find new tenants, which we did,(we have this in black and white from her) she replied we are not entitled to it as we broke the lease. Also claimed house was filthy despite my 7 hours cleaning it.

Straight on the phone to council enforcement officer who adv us despite numerous letters to her, she has still not registered, and will now get rent penalty notice, he also requested copies of all her emails which he now has. He phoned us back to adv us she is not answering her phone. Surprise. We also gave him number for new tenants.

Also phoned my solicitor for appt next week.

Phoned Northern Rock to adv she is renting out property without their permission and therefore I expect building is not covered by buy to let insurance.

Phoned new tenants who we happened to really click with and she told us her father is a buy to letter, and house does not have carbon monoxide detector plus she thought house was spotless.

Plus she has not met ll as she left keys under watering can for her!

She has no lease, which I assume may be in her advantage despite paying deposit into her bank 4 wks ago.

Really is no wonder ll get a bad name.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Don't know the background but if applicable report her if the deposit was not held in an appropriate scheme and claim 3 x deposit back. If this did not apply in your case then make sure the new tenants check that their deposit is held in a scheme.

Keep chasing your deposit........

HOLA445
Don't know the background but if applicable report her if the deposit was not held in an appropriate scheme and claim 3 x deposit back. If this did not apply in your case then make sure the new tenants check that their deposit is held in a scheme.

Keep chasing your deposit........

We are in Scotland and don`t have that scheme yet unfortunately, however we do have the registration scheme and this is the second time she has let the property without registration. I reported her to the council months ago but they have procedures to follow but the next step is a rent penalty notice which is great as I know she depends on rent for her enormous mortgage.

Allow myself small sly giggles........

HOLA446

Thanks for the update TTT. Good luck with the deposit. She really is a cow just like my last ll. It's as you say they really do give other lls a bad name. Hope she gets her comeuppance.

Hope your new place is better and a decent ll.

I remember the last time you got stitched up and the photos you posted of how you left the property proved it was immaculate and you won, but it all takes time and is so unessecary.

HOLA447
Thanks for the update TTT. Good luck with the deposit. She really is a cow just like my last ll. It's as you say they really do give other lls a bad name. Hope she gets her comeuppance.

Hope your new place is better and a decent ll.

I remember the last time you got stitched up and the photos you posted of how you left the property proved it was immaculate and you won, but it all takes time and is so unessecary.

Thanks Tigs, this new ll has gone abroad for a year, she owns a construction company, seems nice and was genuinely horrified when we told her about other ll.

This one is a businesswoman so I think she has more savvy about her.

The other one is just a jumped up mortgage advisor who drives a beetle convertible, says it all really! :lol:

I think they should do away with deposits, it just seems to be some kind of "tip" for the ll letting you the property.

Why are there no landlord checks as well as tenant checks?