House Price Crash Forum

Express - Interest Rates To Soar , Times - Imf Loan Needed. Lol

swankyman

HOLA441
HOLA442

Interest rates to soar

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/91700

Extracts

"And let me assure you that, when the time comes, we will be prepared to respond with equal vigour on the way back up.”

Yvonne Goodwin, an independent financial adviser based in Leeds, said: “Most of the banks and building societies are offering savers three to four-year terms with relatively low rates.

“This is usually a good indication that they think interest rates are likely to rise over the coming months.

They are likely to take off again once the Government’s policy of quantitative easing gets moving.”

Ms Goodwin, who runs Yvonne Goodwin Wealth Management, said the financial landscape would experience dramatic changes over the next few years.

“I would say to savers not to fix themselves in for anything more than a year to 18 months. Do not lock in your savings for the long term.”

FP chipped in:

But financial expert Jonathan Davis, managing director of Armstrong Davis, urged borrowers not to panic and said he thought any changes in interest rates would be gradual.

“I do not buy Mr Dale’s assertion that they will be able to raise interest rates. Infl ation will stop falling and we will move into ultra-mild inflation by the end of this year or by next year.

“I do not yet envisage them raising interest rates for quite a long time to come.

“However, I do believe that in the long term we are going to have very high inflation.

“By 2020 we could have 1970s-style inflation

Archived