House Price Crash Forum

2 More Re/max Offices Shut

Just_on_the_market

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Thats two more RE/MAX offices shut in and around Glasgow this week. Uddingston and Blantyre. That must make about 10/12 in and around Glasgow in last 2 years. Any other agents gone this month ?

Remax Penecuik, is history :lol: remax dalkeith shop has closed :blink: Remax portobello has gone :P Remax Bruntsfield Branch went ta ta as well. :blink:

Which one will go next, keep watching and update us please as they drop like flies :lol:

No sign of the Spring Bounce yet then ?

Edited by thecrutchster

HOLA444
Remax Penecuik, is history :lol: remax dalkeith shop has closed :blink: Remax portobello has gone :P Remax Bruntsfield Branch went ta ta as well. :blink:

Which one will go next, keep watching and update us please as they drop like flies :lol:

No sign of the Spring Bounce yet then ?

Stirling, Kinross, Perth and Dunfermline as well I believe. Whether you like them or not all these offices would have had admin staff who will have lost their jobs so that is no reason to celebrate.

HOLA445
Stirling, Kinross, Perth and Dunfermline as well I believe. Whether you like them or not all these offices would have had admin staff who will have lost their jobs so that is no reason to celebrate.

No one is celebrating, and agreed it is a shame for those who have lost lots of money who invested in the franchise, and for the admin staff etc who have lost out.

The bottom line is any business that has rapidly expanded, and whom relied on property sales to make ends meat, right now are feeding off the crumbs off hope.

There will be some of them left with deep pockets who will bash on thinking this situation will pick up shortly, however anyone with any sense can see its not weeks, its not , months, its years before the property market will pick up.

Remax were at the bottom of the food chain prior to the slump, so it was always going to be them to colapse first.

Edited by thecrutchster

HOLA446
No one is celebrating, and agreed it is a shame for those who have lost lots of money who invested in the franchise, and for the admin staff etc who have lost out.

The bottom line is any business that has rapidly expanded, and whom relied on property sales to make ends meat, right now are feeding off the crumbs off hope.

There will be some of them left with deep pockets who will bash on thinking this situation will pick up shortly, however anyone with any sense can see its not weeks, its not , months, its years before the property market will pick up.

Remax were at the bottom of the food chain prior to the slump, so it was always going to be them to colapse first.

I don't feel overly sorry for those who invested. It is like any business in that you need to be aware of what you are getting into and the bad things that can happen as well as the good. I have seen several slumps in property over the years (though not one as sharp as this) but most remax investors haven't and don't know how to handle it.

HOLA447
I don't feel overly sorry for those who invested. It is like any business in that you need to be aware of what you are getting into and the bad things that can happen as well as the good. I have seen several slumps in property over the years (though not one as sharp as this) but most remax investors haven't and don't know how to handle it.

The only way they could sustain the dream is to continue to fork out money to the mother ship every month, what other job can you think of where you pay to go to work ?

I Do feel sorry for them because they have been conned by a very slick sales jargon, that convinces you you can make fortunes, and they lose thousands of pounds in the process. :angry:

Edited by thecrutchster

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416