House Price Crash Forum

Dorset Post Offices Close

HOLA441
HOLA442

Isn't this...

its about time we returned to our 'core' values and dropped this aspirational shit.

slightly inconsistent with this...

this more or less happened to me. i once made quite a lot of money and was saving 10k cash a year.

i still have the gold, and also other non property, non sterling assets. lots of it, and its mine, not theirs.

Or is it just other people that shouldn't be aspirational?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Anyone know how well the building work on the old Eldrige Pope site in Dorch is going?

It appears to be progressing ok. Fancy sales offices (Savills) at the front and show flats to view. I haven't been in but it certainly looks like work is proceeding at the moment. I received an invite to an opening about a month before Christmas from one of the glossy local lifestyle magazines. I couldn't be bothered to RSVP, and got a call the day before from the magazine asking if I was coming. There was a hint of pleading in the girls voice, so I wonder if the party was attended by Savills staff, the developers and the magazine staff only!!!!!!

Of more local HPC interest is that the large waterfront development on the Pavilion site in Weymouth appears to have ground to a halt. The developers were supposed to come back with the detailed planning application last summer, but they have not submitted anything, and it appears that the 400 or so luxury flats and marina might never be built.

The development below has ground to a halt too as the shoeboxes are just not selling

http://www.ocean-views.co.uk/The%20Develop...136&pid=116