Inverclyde

Alistair darlings mole

HOLA441
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I think the houses were slightly cheaper in the paper this week. Let's hope this is just the start of bigger falls.

I also noticed Neill Clerk who usually have a large section, only listed a couple of houses. I wonder what that's about.

And I wonder when estate agents will start closing locally, especially those two ugly ones I noticed on Cardwell Road in Gourock the other week. Let them make way for real businesses.

HOLA443
I think the houses were slightly cheaper in the paper this week. Let's hope this is just the start of bigger falls.

I also noticed Neill Clerk who usually have a large section, only listed a couple of houses. I wonder what that's about.

And I wonder when estate agents will start closing locally, especially those two ugly ones I noticed on Cardwell Road in Gourock the other week. Let them make way for real businesses.

I for one have no interest in seeing people lose their livelihoods - however that is what will happen if they dont start selling houses.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I think there are actually four estate agents in Gourock now, on Kempock Street and Cardwell Road. That is pure madness. I don't think there were any in Gourock when I was growing up. All we need is a couple in Greenock if you remove the insanity of people buying and selling feverously trying to make money from doing next to nothing.

Edited by waitingscot

HOLA447

INVERCLYDE

On Rightmove last November (around 530 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 18.03.08 (675 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 25.03.08 (711 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 26.03.08 (723 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 12.04.08 (750 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 16.04.08 (764 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 27.04.08 (787 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 29.04.08 (792 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 01.05.08 (797 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 02.05.08 (807 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 09.05.08 (833 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 15.05.08 (846 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 23.05.08 (886 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 25.05.08 (895 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 28.05.08 (921 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 01.06.08 (949 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 04.06.08 (970 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 12.06.08 (986 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 18.06.08 (998 properties for sale)

On Rightmove 01.07.08 (1005 properties for sale)

On Rightmove today 25.07.08 (1039 properties for sale)

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449

From Local rag. Telegraph (Greenock)

Slater Hogg & Howison

"There is no doubt, the property market has experienced a hugh change in the past weeks and months. Comments made in the Scottish media that our house prices in Scotland are continuing to rise are simply not true. These figures may have been taken from sales that are only now being recorded- many from several months ago. They will not take into account the market as it is now.

Scotland has not remained immune or protected from the current credit crunch or the other global financial problems.

HOLA4410

Yes I read that too. And there were some genuine reductions from that estate agent I think. But the subtext of the article to buyers was: "look prices have already fallen, play the game and start buying now". But I am certainly no where near biting yet. I want another 20% off at least. It will be interesting to see if other estate agents follow suit and reduce prices. They will have to in order to compete I suppose. Neill Clerk prices are still ridiculous.

From Local rag. Telegraph (Greenock)

Slater Hogg & Howison

"There is no doubt, the property market has experienced a hugh change in the past weeks and months. Comments made in the Scottish media that our house prices in Scotland are continuing to rise are simply not true. These figures may have been taken from sales that are only now being recorded- many from several months ago. They will not take into account the market as it is now.

Scotland has not remained immune or protected from the current credit crunch or the other global financial problems.

HOLA4411
Yes I read that too. And there were some genuine reductions from that estate agent I think. But the subtext of the article to buyers was: "look prices have already fallen, play the game and start buying now". But I am certainly no where near biting yet. I want another 20% off at least. It will be interesting to see if other estate agents follow suit and reduce prices. They will have to in order to compete I suppose. Neill Clerk prices are still ridiculous.

20-40% off imho. It's a complete joke when a house in rural parts of Scotland costs more than a similar house in the Home Counties!

HOLA4412
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4413

My dad bought a flat for £50,000 in 2002. And identical flat on the same street sold for £92,000 last month. So in the grand scheme of things we are hardly approaching even a minor correction yet.

The way things are going, I am seriously wondering whether I want to buy a house at all - even if there is a 50% crash in Greenock.

Renting is not so bad, and the money in the bank is nice.

Local sellers/estate agents can keep their overpriced tat, is how I feel. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4414
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4415
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4416
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4417
  • 2 months later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419