scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20080311153823 All the Catholic Church has done is apply sins to today's world/modern activities and look at the venom and hatred from the atheists and other opponents of the Church, published happily by the beeb.
ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Woohoo, Scarlets is back for another "debate". I think this one (currently the second most popular comment on the "have your say") is fair enough If the pope really wanted to do some good he would abolish the rule about not able to use condoms.
ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Here's the list in full: Environmental pollution Genetic manipulation Accumulating excessive wealth Inflicting poverty Drug trafficking and consumption Morally debatable experiments Violation of fundamental rights of human nature I reckon the Catholic Church is guilty of at least 3 of those, and exactly where in the bible does it talk about genetic manipulation?
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20080311153823All the Catholic Church has done is apply sins to today's world/modern activities and look at the venom and hatred from the atheists and other opponents of the Church, published happily by the beeb. Well, seeing how the Pope basically lives in an art gallery and runs one of the richest organisations in the world, it is pretty hypocritical to add "Accumulating excessive wealth" to the updated 7 deadly sins !!!
ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Well, seeing how the Pope basically lives in an art gallery and runs one of the richest organisations in the world, it is pretty hypocritical to add "Accumulating excessive wealth" to the updated 7 deadly sins !!! I reckon it'd be pretty easy to get them on the "inflicting poverty" one as well for that matter and I'm pretty sure they've violated plenty of human rights at various points in the past.
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 Woohoo, Scarlets is back for another "debate".I think this one (currently the second most popular comment on the "have your say") is fair enough: "If the pope really wanted to do some good he would abolish the rule about not able to use condoms." that comment speaks volumes about the education and ignorance levels of those making it Church teaches that sex is within marriage only. Explain to me how HIV/AIDS spreads around society if people in society abide by that teaching? condoms only serve to put fuel on the fire
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 condoms only serve to put fuel on the fire Naah - don't do that. Charcol brickettes burn better, and they don't give off poisonous fumes.
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 Church teaches that sex is within marriage only. Explain to me how HIV/AIDS spreads around society if people in society abide by that teaching? will anyone explain? or humbly accept that the Church teaching is spot on?
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 will anyone explain? or humbly accept that the Church teaching is spot on? So all those evil haemophiliacs contracted AIDS by having sex outside wedlock, did they ? There was I, thinking it was contaminated blood.
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 So all those evil haemophiliacs contracted AIDS by having sex outside wedlock, did they ? There was I, thinking it was contaminated blood. quit shifting the goalpost and say if you accept that adherence to the Church's teaching on sex within marraige only would either 1. increase or 2. decrease the spread of sexual diseases, HIV/AIDS etc.
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 quit shifting the goalpost and say if you accept that adherence to the Church's teaching on sex within marraige only would either 1. increase or 2. decrease the spread of sexual diseases, HIV/AIDS etc. Well it depends if I've married a virgin or a crack whore !! Or should I marry Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters ?
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 Well it depends if I've married a virgin or a crack whore !! Or should I marry Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters ? you are in so much denial and your hatred of the Church/Jesus/God/Bible is so much that you can't even admit to yourself when any of its teachings are correct. How sad.
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 you are in so much denial But I've never been to Egypt !!
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 I see Ima20something has run away from confronting the truth once again
SpewLabour Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 I see Ima20something has run away from confronting the truth once again What a coward !! He's probably off somewhere having extra-marital sex. The filthy sinner. It's people like him what cause unrest, you know. Don't worry - the Devil will tweak his nipples for all eternity with a gardening fork for that.
Ologhai Jones Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Why does (and has) the church decided to teach that sex out of wedlock is wrong, Scarlets79?
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 Why does (and has) the church decided to teach that sex out of wedlock is wrong, Scarlets79? don't you know? ever heard of the Bible?
Ologhai Jones Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 don't you know? ever heard of the Bible? I certainly have heard of it, yes. I have two further questions: 1. Where specifically in The Bible does it say that sex outside of wedlock is wrong? 2. Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?
Guest anorthosite Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 I certainly have heard of it, yes.I have two further questions: 1. Where specifically in The Bible does it say that sex outside of wedlock is wrong? 2. Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life? Yeah! Lets all go round cutting the hands off of women who grab their partners genitals while they argue with their neighbours!!!!
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 I certainly have heard of it, yes.I have two further questions: 1. Where specifically in The Bible does it say that sex outside of wedlock is wrong? 2. Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life? 1. it's one of the ten commandments for starters 2. trick question, give example of what you're referring to, scripture needs to be interpreted in its appropriate and overall CONTEXT
Guest Skint Academic Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Yeah! Lets all go round cutting the hands off of women who grab their partners genitals while they argue with their neighbours!!!! Now now, you know the xtian answer to that one. It's context. Obviously we should only cut the hands off women who grab their partner's genitals to stop an argument with neighbours in scummy areas that pay few taxes.
Ologhai Jones Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 1. it's one of the ten commandments for starters Which commandment is that?
Guest anorthosite Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 Oh, Scarlet, seeing as how you're back from your latest upgrade, can you explain to me how my sex life is a sin and an abomination? As I recall you never came out and said exactly what the reaon was.
Ologhai Jones Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 1. it's one of the ten commandments for starters2. trick question, give example of what you're referring to, scripture needs to be interpreted in its appropriate and overall CONTEXT While I'm waiting for you to tell me which of the Ten Commandments says that sex outside of wedlock is wrong, I would like you to explain why you think my second question ('Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?') is a 'trick'. Should we take what The Bible says as truth or not. Should we live by everything it condones and asserts or not? Just saying that any question is a 'trick' just because it's a bit too hard for you is a pretty poor show.
scarlets79 Posted March 11, 2008 Author Posted March 11, 2008 While I'm waiting for you to tell me which of the Ten Commandments says that sex outside of wedlock is wrong, why don't you read them and have a guess? I would like you to explain why you think my second question ('Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?') is a 'trick'.Should we take what The Bible says as truth or not. Should we live by everything it condones and asserts or not? Just saying that any question is a 'trick' just because it's a bit too hard for you is a pretty poor show. you're playing games, the question is not too hard, it displays lack of understanding of scripture and doctrine, context and interpretation etc. I asked you to provide an example but you have not, I know why- because you're playing games sunshine it's a sneaky diversion from the question I asked regarding Church teaching- how could HIV/AIDS/STDs spread if people abided by Church teaching of sex within wedlock only?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.