House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scarlets79

Hatred Towards The Church

Here's the list in full:

Environmental pollution

Genetic manipulation

Accumulating excessive wealth

Inflicting poverty

Drug trafficking and consumption

Morally debatable experiments

Violation of fundamental rights of human nature

I reckon the Catholic Church is guilty of at least 3 of those, and exactly where in the bible does it talk about genetic manipulation?

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20080311153823

All the Catholic Church has done is apply sins to today's world/modern activities and look at the venom and hatred from the atheists and other opponents of the Church, published happily by the beeb.

Well, seeing how the Pope basically lives in an art gallery and runs one of the richest organisations in the world, it is pretty hypocritical to add "Accumulating excessive wealth" to the updated 7 deadly sins !!!

Well, seeing how the Pope basically lives in an art gallery and runs one of the richest organisations in the world, it is pretty hypocritical to add "Accumulating excessive wealth" to the updated 7 deadly sins !!!

I reckon it'd be pretty easy to get them on the "inflicting poverty" one as well for that matter and I'm pretty sure they've violated plenty of human rights at various points in the past.

Woohoo, Scarlets is back for another "debate".

I think this one (currently the second most popular comment on the "have your say") is fair enough:

"If the pope really wanted to do some good he would abolish the rule about not able to use condoms."

that comment speaks volumes about the education and ignorance levels of those making it

Church teaches that sex is within marriage only. Explain to me how HIV/AIDS spreads around society if people in society abide by that teaching? condoms only serve to put fuel on the fire

Church teaches that sex is within marriage only. Explain to me how HIV/AIDS spreads around society if people in society abide by that teaching?

will anyone explain? or humbly accept that the Church teaching is spot on?

will anyone explain? or humbly accept that the Church teaching is spot on?

So all those evil haemophiliacs contracted AIDS by having sex outside wedlock, did they ? There was I, thinking it was contaminated blood.

So all those evil haemophiliacs contracted AIDS by having sex outside wedlock, did they ? There was I, thinking it was contaminated blood.

quit shifting the goalpost and say if you accept that adherence to the Church's teaching on sex within marraige only would either 1. increase or 2. decrease the spread of sexual diseases, HIV/AIDS etc.

quit shifting the goalpost and say if you accept that adherence to the Church's teaching on sex within marraige only would either 1. increase or 2. decrease the spread of sexual diseases, HIV/AIDS etc.

Well it depends if I've married a virgin or a crack whore !! Or should I marry Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters ?

Well it depends if I've married a virgin or a crack whore !! Or should I marry Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters ?

you are in so much denial and your hatred of the Church/Jesus/God/Bible is so much that you can't even admit to yourself when any of its teachings are correct. How sad.

I see Ima20something has run away from confronting the truth once again

What a coward !! He's probably off somewhere having extra-marital sex. The filthy sinner. It's people like him what cause unrest, you know. Don't worry - the Devil will tweak his nipples for all eternity with a gardening fork for that.

don't you know? ever heard of the Bible?

I certainly have heard of it, yes.

I have two further questions:

1. Where specifically in The Bible does it say that sex outside of wedlock is wrong?

2. Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?

Guest anorthosite

1. Where specifically in The Bible does it say that sex outside of wedlock is wrong?

2. Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?

Yeah! Lets all go round cutting the hands off of women who grab their partners genitals while they argue with their neighbours!!!!

1. it's one of the ten commandments for starters

2. trick question, give example of what you're referring to, scripture needs to be interpreted in its appropriate and overall CONTEXT

Guest Skint Academic
Yeah! Lets all go round cutting the hands off of women who grab their partners genitals while they argue with their neighbours!!!!

Now now, you know the xtian answer to that one. It's context.

Obviously we should only cut the hands off women who grab their partner's genitals to stop an argument with neighbours in scummy areas that pay few taxes.

Guest anorthosite

Oh, Scarlet, seeing as how you're back from your latest upgrade, can you explain to me how my sex life is a sin and an abomination? As I recall you never came out and said exactly what the reaon was.

1. it's one of the ten commandments for starters

2. trick question, give example of what you're referring to, scripture needs to be interpreted in its appropriate and overall CONTEXT

While I'm waiting for you to tell me which of the Ten Commandments says that sex outside of wedlock is wrong, I would like you to explain why you think my second question ('Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?') is a 'trick'.

Should we take what The Bible says as truth or not. Should we live by everything it condones and asserts or not?

Just saying that any question is a 'trick' just because it's a bit too hard for you is a pretty poor show.

While I'm waiting for you to tell me which of the Ten Commandments says that sex outside of wedlock is wrong,

why don't you read them and have a guess?

I would like you to explain why you think my second question ('Are you suggesting that if The Bible asserts something that the church should teach it and that we should adopt whatever it says as a way of life?') is a 'trick'.

Should we take what The Bible says as truth or not. Should we live by everything it condones and asserts or not?

Just saying that any question is a 'trick' just because it's a bit too hard for you is a pretty poor show.

you're playing games, the question is not too hard, it displays lack of understanding of scripture and doctrine, context and interpretation etc.

I asked you to provide an example but you have not, I know why- because you're playing games sunshine

it's a sneaky diversion from the question I asked regarding Church teaching- how could HIV/AIDS/STDs spread if people abided by Church teaching of sex within wedlock only?