House Price Crash Forum

Public Sector Income Tax.

HOLA441
Thanks Pacific State. I agree with all you say here.

Optobear

I think you're probably being sarcastic there, Optobear, but that's fine. I seem to remember reading other posts from you on the forum and you're obviously an intelligent chap (not that you need my approval, of course) - we just have a fundamentally different take on this. You're optimistic (which I probably envy) and I have grown more dispairing on the way we are governed, particularly since the run-up to the Iraq War.

p-o-p - "decimate" was the wrong word to choose - I'm not sure exactly how much I'd slim them down but I am not happy being Laurel to America's army Hardy.

happy? - things are better here than in Zimbabwe, no doubt, but we can only really appreciate things by comparing what we know with what we've known.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I think you're probably being sarcastic there, Optobear, but that's fine. I seem to remember reading other posts from you on the forum and you're obviously an intelligent chap (not that you need my approval, of course) - we just have a fundamentally different take on this. You're optimistic (which I probably envy) and I have grown more dispairing on the way we are governed, particularly since the run-up to the Iraq War.

p-o-p - "decimate" was the wrong word to choose - I'm not sure exactly how much I'd slim them down but I am not happy being Laurel to America's army Hardy.

happy? - things are better here than in Zimbabwe, no doubt, but we can only really appreciate things by comparing what we know with what we've known.

Pacific State

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was agreeing with everything you'd put in the post I quoted.

As for the intelligent part - takes one to know one, as they say.

I too despair of the political system (short-term) especially with a non-elected PM, but longer term I do feel that we are better off thanks to our (approximately) democratic system, civil service whistle blowers, private rule, eventual release of cabinet papers, etc.

Optobear