House Price Crash Forum

Did Someone Say Rate Cut

Earplug

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Not sure where 3m LIBOR fixed today but probably about 6.70%, i.e. 95bps over base. So HBOS were paying 5bp over 3 month LIBOR this morning to depositers.

BofE will hope that 3m LIBOR fixes no worse than 6.55% tomorrow so at this rate HBOS will be paying 30bp for 3month money - hell I think their 5 year CDS is around 60bp - this market is so tight.

Anyone have an update on their conduit ?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Charlie The Tramp
My conduit says there is a shortage of cash, and that means its more expensive

As Rex Harrison sang, by jove you`ve got it. :)

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm looking for 8-10% to stop me sending my money abroad.

I've had enough. If the lemming lenders want to use my money to carry on pumping this pig up they are going to have to pay for it and I'm not willing to be reliant on sterling holding savings safe if the BOE are going to drop the rates in the face of obvious inflation.

The game is up regarding securitisation, that route is knackered, the lenders have pushed it so far, ditched so much trash overboard into those packages that nobody (intheir right might) is going to buy up parcels of this crap unless the premium is worth it.

You reap what you sow, this one is going to be a very barren harvest for lenders, they spent the growing season having a piss up and now they are left with nothing.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I'm looking for 8-10% to stop me sending my money abroad.

I've had enough. If the lemming lenders want to use my money to carry on pumping this pig up they are going to have to pay for it and I'm not willing to be reliant on sterling holding savings safe if the BOE are going to drop the rates in the face of obvious inflation.

The game is up regarding securitisation, that route is knackered, the lenders have pushed it so far, ditched so much trash overboard into those packages that nobody (intheir right might) is going to buy up parcels of this crap unless the premium is worth it.

You reap what you sow, this one is going to be a very barren harvest for lenders, they spent the growing season having a piss up and now they are left with nothing.

Quite. Of course, hardly any b*gger has actually got any money to save these days so if banks have to go back to lending based on deposits then they're stuffed.

HOLA4412