House Price Crash Forum

Calling All Natwest Account Holders

mobeyone

HOLA441

Have you had any problems in the last 5 days using your debit card?

Well. I went to fill up today and my card was declined :o

Now.. I know my account is fairly healthy and the guy at the staion knows I am fairly regular told me to try the cash machine. Again no joy but this time saying that my card was not allowed..

So, my mrs had some cash on her which was enough to cover what was owed and the guy at the station tells me that in the last say or two, loads of natwest customers have experienced the same..

I phoned the bank up and I am told that my card was cancelled!!!! WTF!!! and a replacement had been sent last month!! I asked who authorised the cancelation and no answer was given other to advise that a new one would be sent within 2-4 working days by courier.

I smell a rat.. NR part 2 anyone??

HOLA442
Have you had any problems in the last 5 days using your debit card?

Well. I went to fill up today and my card was declined :o

Now.. I know my account is fairly healthy and the guy at the staion knows I am fairly regular told me to try the cash machine. Again no joy but this time saying that my card was not allowed..

So, my mrs had some cash on her which was enough to cover what was owed and the guy at the station tells me that in the last say or two, loads of natwest customers have experienced the same..

I phoned the bank up and I am told that my card was cancelled!!!! WTF!!! and a replacement had been sent last month!! I asked who authorised the cancelation and no answer was given other to advise that a new one would be sent within 2-4 working days by courier.

I smell a rat.. NR part 2 anyone??

Hi - I did not pay too much heed, but this happened to me with my Natwest debit card, last weekend. It was declined. Never hads this happen before and there ws plenty in the account to cover.

HOLA443

<begin speculation>

If further reports of an unusual number of similar events starts to show a pattern I'd suspect this is perhaps down to a large scale data theft rather than insolvency. Perhaps an ex-employee has left the building with a USB stick crammed with card numbers in the last couple of weeks and they're now franticly reissuing the cards to prevent a large fraud taking place. Obviously, it would be more honest to front this out but given the Northern Rock debacle I would think no bank is going to publicise any kind of problem until it's well and truly history. If people new this had gone on they'd be doing a Northern Rock style conga round the block by Monday morning.

</end speculation>

HOLA444
Hi - I did not pay too much heed, but this happened to me with my Natwest debit card, last weekend. It was declined. Never hads this happen before and there ws plenty in the account to cover.

My Natwest credit card expires at the end of this month, and no new one has arrived yet. They normally arrive the previous month to expiry month. :(

HOLA445
HOLA446

Same happened to me 2 weeks ago when making a purchase in Woolworths. When I rang the bank (very annoyed) I was told that it was just a security check and the shop assistant would have received a message on their terminal instructing them to call the bank for clearance. It's likely the assistant did not bother to tell me this as they didn't want the hassle of calling the bank, when there was a long queue building up.

P.s Last year my card was also declined. It turned out that NW had cancelled my card (and 100's of others) without notice as there was a massive fraud going on and they did not have time to call me. They apologised only after I rang really annoyed as I had no cash and no card. Apparently, the amount was over 100k :o

HOLA447
HOLA448
Get a credit check done to ensure that no new accounts have been opened in your name. Mail redirection or theft is on the up and letters from banks are perfect opportunities to steal identities.

I would hope that banks no longer emblazon their logos on the outside of envelopes. Just begging to be stolen, especially if they feel like there's a new card inside. <_<

Archived