House Price Crash Forum

Just Trying To Get A Remortgage

HOLA441

Was just chatting to halifax regarding a mortgage product change, and they were very interested in my cover policies, you know for life insurance, out of work, death etc.. asking if the amounts would cover the mortgage etc. Also thier products seem very expensive, just having a look around the net, and they arn't the only ones.

The best thing about this though, is I'm in a really good position as its a mortgage I got in 99 for my mum, so its low low. I almost feel sorry for the noobs that have been suckered into keeping this HPI aloft with dreams of 15%+ YOY house price increase, when they should have been looking at true affordability.

going to be an interesting ride over the next 3 years.

HOLA442
Was just chatting to halifax regarding a mortgage product change, and they were very interested in my cover policies, you know for life insurance, out of work, death etc.. asking if the amounts would cover the mortgage etc. Also thier products seem very expensive, just having a look around the net, and they arn't the only ones.

The best thing about this though, is I'm in a really good position as its a mortgage I got in 99 for my mum, so its low low. I almost feel sorry for the noobs that have been suckered into keeping this HPI aloft with dreams of 15%+ YOY house price increase, when they should have been looking at true affordability.

going to be an interesting ride over the next 3 years.

All mortgage companies try to sell you insurance when they sell your mortgage. I'm not sure what your point is here.

HOLA443

Er yeah, isnt this because they want to sell you their expensive policies?!! Just say no firmly straight away and say you will make your own arrangments. Its normal these days - things have changed since the good ol' 90s!

To be fair most of us should be looking at purchasing these types of polices (depending on circumstance - seek advice etc) - just dont do it from your high street bank for the reason you noted!

Edited by Orbital

HOLA444
Er yeah, isnt this because they want to sell you their expensive policies?!! Just say no firmly straight away and say you will make your own arrangments. Its normal these days - things have changed since the good ol' 90s!

To be fair most of us should be looking at purchasing these types of polices (depending on circumstance - seek advice etc) - just dont do it from your high street bank for the reason you noted!

And if it is unemployment insurance, make sure it will pay out in the first 6 months. :)

Actually make that 3.

Actually...