House Price Crash Forum

I.o.w. Ferry 10/06/07

AvidFan

HOLA441

I was on the Isle of Wight ferry that sailed at 10:50 this morning. Standing on the stairs waiting to be let off with a few other foot passengers, there was a conversation overheard by everyone between two 30-something gents. "Lots of houses for sale on the island" he said. "I think they're all trying to get out before the crash..."

Short and sweet. But there you go. Sentiment has made it to the Isle of Wight...

Edited by AvidFan

HOLA442
I was on the Isle of Wight ferry that sailed at 10:50 this morning. Standing on the stairs waiting to be let off with a few other foot passengers, there was a conversation overheard by everyone between to 30-something gents. "Lots of houses for sale on the island" he said. "I think they're all trying to get out before the crash..."

Short and sweet. But there you go. Sentiment has made it to the Isle of Wight...

I saw a couple dressed for hiking last week puzzling over a map. They were trying to get out of town so, as it was on my way, I walked with them to show them the route.

I mentioned lots of hotels being converted to flats and one of them started kicking off about all the young people at work taking out huge mortages to buy flats, and how they wouldn't if they remembered the last crash. I could only agree!

It's a bear bear bear bear world.

HOLA443
I saw a couple dressed for hiking last week puzzling over a map. They were trying to get out of town so, as it was on my way, I walked with them to show them the route.

I mentioned lots of hotels being converted to flats and one of them started kicking off about all the young people at work taking out huge mortages to buy flats, and how they wouldn't if they remembered the last crash. I could only agree!

It's a bear bear bear bear world.

Love the avatar, is a fighting pussy cat, gloves off.

HOLA444
I was on the Isle of Wight ferry that sailed at 10:50 this morning. Standing on the stairs waiting to be let off with a few other foot passengers, there was a conversation overheard by everyone between two 30-something gents. "Lots of houses for sale on the island" he said. "I think they're all trying to get out before the crash..."

Interesting was it the portsmouth side or Lymington side? Or southampton side?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

BTW, at 4:30pm sailing back, we crossed with the Ferry chartered by the rolling stones for their arrival at the IOW festival (we were told to expect to see them on the ferry from the mainland by the chap checking our tickets as we boarded the boat).

They were all stood out on deck but they didn't wave and to be honest, I couldn't make any of them out. I've got some photos but I haven't checked to see if I captured Jagger...

• 1 month later...
HOLA448
BTW, at 4:30pm sailing back, we crossed with the Ferry chartered by the rolling stones for their arrival at the IOW festival (we were told to expect to see them on the ferry from the mainland by the chap checking our tickets as we boarded the boat).

They were all stood out on deck but they didn't wave and to be honest, I couldn't make any of them out. I've got some photos but I haven't checked to see if I captured Jagger...

Send it in to heat magazine, they pay you £200 for unposed pics!