House Price Crash Forum

I've Had Enough Of Bullish Articles In Local Press

red

HOLA441

Oooh, it makes my blood boil. Here's my letter which calmed me down as soon as I clicked 'SEND'. I urge everyone to do likewise!

Dear Ms Russell,

I have been receiving the Enfield Independent for many years and commend you and your team for it's lively and informative content.

I have a major concern, however, regarding the PROPERTY INDEPENDENT supplement. It's front page always carries a short article, usually on the state of the housing market. The most recent edition (Wed 12th Jan) bears the heading "The Forecast in sunny".

It clearly isn't. The housing market is in decline and to suggest that it will continue to rise whilst allowing more first time buyers to get 'on the ladder' is both contradictory and hugely irresponsible. The article ends:

"The planned slowing in house price inflation will allow buyers to once again enter the market."

First time buyers cannot afford to buy at PRESENT prices, so how can houses become more affordable without a downward trend?!

I appreciate that you have a vested interest as a journal which receives revenue from Estate Agent advertisers but you also have a massive responsibility to your readers who are influenced by these bullish and clearly inaccurate articles.

The longer media organisations such as yourselves - who influence many thousands of local people - perpetuate the property myth, the bigger and more severe will be the correction in prices.

I urge you to carry articles which tell the truth so that readers will be better informed and ultimately grateful.

HOLA442

Could be they, unless they are stupid, know the truth but are so desperate for the income from the property section to pay their sky high loans that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place

Should be some kind of law to stop them, never mind all this crap about democracy. You are free to say what you want as long as it agrees with government thinking of the time, Revolt will be the outcome :ph34r:

HOLA443
I urge you to carry articles which tell the truth so that readers will be better informed and ultimately grateful.

I totally agree. My local rag also has a "prices won't crash" article - what it merely does is to rehash parts of articles from the national press.

Thus far, thanks to HPC.co.uk I've learnt a lot about house prices and feel thankful that I personally have not been taken in by such bullish media.

Soft-landing my a**e !