House Price Crash Forum

Oceana Boulevard

HOLA441

Hi Folks!

I am trying to do as much research as possible before I make any further investment in the Oceana Boulevard development next to Queens Park on Briton Street. I have my eye on one of the Penthouse apartments in Phase II (next to Queens Park, over looking the Solent). The apartment is a 2-bedroom, 2-bath with roof terrace; and jaw-dropping views of the the City Centre and all of the Solent. On a clear day, the coast of IOW is easily seen.

What concerns me is the premium price per square foot Barratt is asking. Where as all other developments in the area are averaging £390 - £460 per square foot, with no views to speak of, this particular apartment is currently priced at £700 per square foot. Granted, the upgraded ammenities that are included in the price are quite nice; under-floor heating, A/C, Jacuzzi tub in the family bath, plumbed American-sized fridge freezer, professional grade appliances, electric blinds, marble flooring through out, Paula Rosa designer kitchen, private lift entrance, (geez, I'm beginning to sound like the marketing glossy here...). Oh, and to mention yet again... tha jaw dropping views.

I plan to own this property for at least 5 years; perhaps even longer.

As I have been told, there is planned an incredible amount of water front revitalisation; including restaurants, the Millenium Hotel at Ocean Village, the Pier next to Red Funnel, etc.

Thoughts? Comments???

Thanks in advance.... :D

Cheers!

HOLA442

Hi Folks!

I am trying to do as much research as possible before I make any further investment in the Oceana Boulevard development next to Queens Park on Briton Street. I have my eye on one of the Penthouse apartments in Phase II (next to Queens Park, over looking the Solent). The apartment is a 2-bedroom, 2-bath with roof terrace; and jaw-dropping views of the the City Centre and all of the Solent. On a clear day, the coast of IOW is easily seen.

What concerns me is the premium price per square foot Barratt is asking. Where as all other developments in the area are averaging £390 - £460 per square foot, with no views to speak of, this particular apartment is currently priced at £700 per square foot.

ROFL.

£700/sq ft? Are you buying in Manhattan?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445