House Price Crash Forum

Slump In Auto Trade Sees Production Plummet By 5.4%

HOLA441

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&am...;action=article

LONDON (AFX) - UK car production in the three months to July fell by 3.7 pct from the previous three months to June, with both exports and production for the home market falling, figures from National Statistics showed.
Production allocated for the
export market fell by 3.2 pct
, while output for the
home market fell by 5.5 pct
, the figures showed.
Compared with the same three months a year ago, car production fell by 5.1 pct, pulled down by a 13.5 pct drop in home market output. Production allocated for exports also fell, dropping 2.3 pct.
Meanwhile, total commercial vehicle production for the three months to July
fell 7.2 pct
from the previous three-month period to June, and by 5.4 pct compared with the same period a year ago.

The evidence is building for a recession. :o

HOLA442
HOLA443

How would the average homebuyers manage to save up those massive deposits without cutting back on the little luxuries, like a new car every 3 years, or seomthing a little bit sporty to enjoy before you have kids?

A great % of new cars over the past few years have been funded by MEW.The area where I live in Sussex is probably where the upper end of the car specs are. Nothing for people here to have taken out a mew of 60000 to buy a couple of cars. However if you are a drug dealer in crack den areas the police inform us that they go for 4 wheel drives.

As I have said before there soon will be a glut of up market cars as people try and survive the crash by selling their portable assets. Happened in the 90s . If you are under 30 yrs of age please do not reply saying it will be different this time, just go and rest in a dark room until its all over.

HOLA444
Guest mattsta1964

A great % of new cars over the past few years have been funded by MEW.The area where I live in Sussex is probably where the upper end of the car specs are. Nothing for people here to have taken out a mew of 60000 to buy a couple of cars. However if you are a drug dealer in crack den areas the police inform us that they go for 4 wheel drives.

As I have said before there soon will be a glut of up market cars as people try and survive the crash by selling their portable assets. Happened in the 90s . If you are under 30 yrs of age please do not reply saying it will be different this time, just go and rest in a dark room until its all over.

IF you can afford the petrol, and I emphasize the IF, there are gonna be a lot of bargain luxury cars on the market in the next few years!