House Price Crash Forum

Brighton

HOLA441

What do people think is happening here at the moment?

I am seeing some seriously crazy prices for tiny flats and they seem to have been going up recently and yet I remain very unconvinced about affordability as there has been a sharp decline in the area recently.

Is it still the london commuter thing that is causing the problem? :blink:

What do people think is happening here at the moment?

I am seeing some seriously crazy prices for tiny flats and they seem to have been going up recently and yet I remain very unconvinced about affordability as there has been a sharp decline in the area recently.

Is it still the london commuter thing that is causing the problem? :blink:

Sharp decline in jobs that is...sorry!

• 8 months later...
HOLA442
HOLA443

Well, I do see the odd SOLD STC sign around, although I'm guessing most of the properties I see sold are flats or blocks of flats fueling the BTL merry-go-round. For some reason my mind likened it to a game of pass-the-parcel, but in reverse - where the last one holding the parcel loses.

Estate agents are almost always empty of customers whenever I go past, no matter what time of day, or if it's a weekday or a weekend. Each time the offices seem to have more and more sheets of paper stuck to the windows - not for properties, just massive adverts, presumably to hide the shame of the staff sitting there idle.

Tiddly pom!

HOLA444
Well, I do see the odd SOLD STC sign around, although I'm guessing most of the properties I see sold are flats or blocks of flats fueling the BTL merry-go-round. For some reason my mind likened it to a game of pass-the-parcel, but in reverse - where the last one holding the parcel loses.

Estate agents are almost always empty of customers whenever I go past, no matter what time of day, or if it's a weekday or a weekend. Each time the offices seem to have more and more sheets of paper stuck to the windows - not for properties, just massive adverts, presumably to hide the shame of the staff sitting there idle.

Tiddly pom!

Thanks Christh. Perhaps it's time they got busier.

HOLA445

I think there's a real stalemate going on here between buyers and sellers. It's not that properties aren't on the market, it's the fact that few people on local salaries or even commuters on London salaries can afford and / or are willing to buy or trade up.

Please let us know what happens.