House Price Crash Forum

Political Change.

HOLA441

Well done to Tony Blair AND the electorate - They have both called the top in real estate and, probably, the stock market.

There has been a shift in people's psychology - Unhappy voters have turned on Labour, their pessimism will turn HPI negative.

Understand, that people's thinking and perceptions - their outlook - moves markets - fundamentals can put in an absolute top and bottom - but that's all that fundamental analysis will tell you.

2 parallels??? (I believe these dates will mean things to those who follow cycles).

Last major cabinet reshuffle - 1989. Different government - same call. A reshuffle made from FEAR.

Some councils changing hands for the first time since 1971.

HOLA442
HOLA443

emm

Last time it was due to financial problems this time it seems to be mainly incompetance.........but i suppose the results might be the same

I think you misunderstood?

A cabinet reshuffle / a change in voting will not cause anything. Rather these changes are reflecting a changing social mood. It is this mood that will affect the markets, not who is in charge.

Whoever is in "charge" during good times is usually depicted in a competant way. Not just fiscally competant but in other areas as well. The inverse also being true.

A shift in confidence in government is a symptom of a shift in the confidence in the economy. Overall it is a shift in self confidence that individuals think they will prosper. The decline in willingness to borrow and lend has begun IMHO.