House Price Crash Forum

Gazump/undering! Has Anyone Ever Thought...

Te Mata

HOLA441

In my part of the world there is no such thing.

Offers to the vendor must be submitted in writing, on a contract. All the vendor need do is sign the bloody thing and it's a sale, to settle in x days time.

This English sytem of verbal agreements seems to suck big time. I don't understand how you lot stay sane.

Why not change the stinking system huh, huh?

HOLA442

In my part of the world there is no such thing.

Offers to the vendor must be submitted in writing, on a contract. All the vendor need do is sign the bloody thing and it's a sale, to settle in x days time.

This English sytem of verbal agreements seems to suck big time. I don't understand how you lot stay sane.

Why not change the stinking system huh, huh?

I take it your part of the world is Oz? that was introduced in response to gazumping. Over here, no such luck. Neither of the major parties care. They are all so right wing about property they make John Howard look like a commie. (its because old style labour (read Prezza aka Two Jags) have bought in big). Mind you, there may be hope yet, but you got it - it will only be in response to gazundering because it will be based on their personal interests. ;)

HOLA443