House Price Crash Forum

The Real Cost Of China's Growth?

Harry Sacks

HOLA441

The Chinese consistently get their growth forecasts right, this year's prediction is 9.6%! They're on course to become the worlds forth largest economy.

This requires energy, roughly 80giga watts EXTRA EVERY YEAR, equivalent to the generating capacity of ALL the power stations in the UK.

China will increase generating capacity every year BY BURNING MORE COAL!

One new coal power station will come on line every week! (yes it's true)

1/3 of all the coal dug up in the world is burnt by the Chinese, 2 billion tons.

This costs the lives of 6000 Chinese miners every year.

China now has the worlds worst record for industrial deaths.

Any attempt we in the west make to cut carbon emissions is clearly futile. Any environmental taxes implemented by governments will not be for altruistic motives.

If China slows and output is reduced, surely inflation is the upshot for the west?

So much for the green revolution.

HOLA442

Last year in China all administrative regions posted above average growth. (Think about it....)

And they posted their annual results at the beginning of December.

These two facts alone should be enough to realise China will nose-dive in its own good time.

The Chinese banking system is the weakness.

Its a total mirage.

There is nothing there.

This is the Achilles Heel of the world economy.

(...well, this and the US deficit...)

HOLA443

The Chinese consistently get their growth forecasts right, this year's prediction is 9.6%! They're on course to become the worlds forth largest economy.

This requires energy, roughly 80giga watts EXTRA EVERY YEAR, equivalent to the generating capacity of ALL the power stations in the UK.

China will increase generating capacity every year BY BURNING MORE COAL!

One new coal power station will come on line every week! (yes it's true)

1/3 of all the coal dug up in the world is burnt by the Chinese, 2 billion tons.

This costs the lives of 6000 Chinese miners every year.

China now has the worlds worst record for industrial deaths.

Any attempt we in the west make to cut carbon emissions is clearly futile. Any environmental taxes implemented by governments will not be for altruistic motives.

If China slows and output is reduced, surely inflation is the upshot for the west?

So much for the green revolution.

Im going to be naughty this year so santa brings me a lump of coal, might be worth a bit.

HOLA444

Last year in China all administrative regions posted above average growth. (Think about it....)

And they posted their annual results at the beginning of December.

These two facts alone should be enough to realise China will nose-dive in its own good time.

The Chinese banking system is the weakness.

Its a total mirage.

There is nothing there.

This is the Achilles Heel of the world economy.

(...well, this and the US deficit...)

I know nothing of the Chinese banking system, do they have a central bank, who sets IR ?

It would appear from the surface that the great majority of what China produces is bought by the rest of the world. All the tat my daughter received for Xmas originated there.

I don't understand what you mean by nothing there? They make things and sell them, I assume they run a trade surplus.

The world economy is the Achilles Heel of the world economy, surely?

The power over the $ must be equally shared between China and the Fed by now.

Whatever, the point I'm making is the increase in CO2 by China offsets anything we in the west do, and that our governments are taking us for a ride and using CO2 as another tax mechanism. The whole thing's a f**king joke!

All this cheap crap we import is being used to fiddle inflation calculations, allowing the credit expansion to continue unabated.

The upshot is that you and I work for the bank longer making the super rich richer and generating a parasitic ethos within the population toward its own society.

Bleak!

Archived