House Price Crash Forum

"the Precariat" As A Mass Class, Poss. Leading To Social Unrest - R4

HOLA441

Can you find me one that pays about 50 grand a year with good benefits and requires lots of slacking and dossing about?

I would be very interested.

London tube train driver, though you have to do a few years selling tickets first.

The jobs I found for Ken in the Manchester area were paying about £25k but the point is that he would have liked doing them. The very thought of liking work seemed to put him off.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Yeah you certainly should be reluctant. How that charade will play out is your missus will get constant school-like reports about your performance at work and you might find yourself being managed by proxy through her. If this MD is a bloke I'm sure you don't need any details on mens preferred methods of favour repayment by women.

You're right about the micro-managing reporting/proxy stuff which is reason enough not to pursue any opportunities. She wouldn't sleep with him and he most definitely wouldn't ask.. I know him fairly well.

HOLA443

Good luck Longtom. People forget that work can be enjoyable and satisfying.

I actually found some decent jobs for Ken Ichikawa but he wasn't interested. He'd only had rubbish jobs and wasn't about to be persuaded into one he might like.

Thanks Frank. I'm happy carrying on as before with no real purpose like Ken Ichikawa and his sky diving and me with my paragliding. I'll draw the line at cannibalism in the apocalypse however, ok so we taste a little like chicken (thanks Ken) I'll eat the real thing.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Can you find me one that pays about 50 grand a year with good benefits and requires lots of slacking and dossing about?

Find a charitable organisation such as Kids Company (that gigs no longer an option) have some dirt on the colorful Chief Slacking Officer and bobs your uncle.

HOLA446
HOLA447

On the topic of fraud a fun fact, I was previously unaware of, is John Fashanu currently presents Nigerian Deal Or No Deal.

Bring, bring 'it's the banker, he says he's got some money from a dead relative he needs to transfer out of the country'

HOLA448
HOLA449

It was more to do with working as a Chauffeur on 3x the market rate than being outright fraud.

A Wheel man! The "Transporter"? :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Bugger! They made me redundant from that one. :blink:

Archived