House Price Crash Forum

Modern Day Prefabs

HOLA441

Yes, ive never understood the hate here for traditional build. It generally seems the dutch or germans do different methods so it must be good.

Mine's a recently developed hatred after my mum moved to Switzerland then Germany, i could not believe the quality of the houses she lived in. I'd only ever seen quality like it in commercial buildings here. They werent SIPS though, just not made from ticky tack A separate point but the utilisation of space aspect was always great too, everywhere she lived having full-sized basements. I'd rather we took that aspect first from them to get the most out of our (artificially) limited land.

When it comes to energy efficiently and the like we do need to move into the 21st (well 20th maybe for a lot of places) century though, but this could easily be achieved with 30cm of insulation between breeze blocks and pinching a few near-standard practices from continental development. Traditional build or flat-pack the UK's property developers have been driven by things other than build quality for a long time.

HOLA442