House Price Crash Forum

I'm Looking To Buy A House In Your Area Begging Letters

19 year mortgage 8itch

HOLA441

First off, I rent so these letters are not aimed at me.

We go through stages of getting EA letters asking if you want to sell your house as they have buyers lined up.

Sometimes you get them in the form of begging letters from people who say they're living in the area and want to buy quickly. Had one the other week, nothing untoward about it. The bullish amongst you would like to think that this direct appeal is a sign of a smoking hot market. I'm not convinced as I've heard the tactic used throughout the recent period with a mixture of success.

Anyways, I recently received this one. Well it set my ******** detector off straight away...

IMG_20140202_085248.jpg

post-5383-0-39201800-1391331264_thumb.jpg

Edited by 7 Year Itch

HOLA442
HOLA443

I've had similar letters through my door. I believe those get rich quick property seminars tell you to write such letters. Part of the BMV thing. The principle being that anyone foregoing the services of an EA is either desperate, stupid, or both.

So I googled the phone numbers...

1391331749845.jpg

post-5383-0-23366300-1391334265_thumb.jpg

Edited by 7 Year Itch

HOLA444

One of my wife's friends used the leafleting tactic when she bought her house. She wanted to stay within a very specific area, and nothing suitable was coming on to the market. She targeted a range of houses she was interested in an got several responses. It worked for her, but the particular example in your post just feels like it isn't written by someone looking for a family home to live in, definitely feels a bit too 'professional'.

Given the wide spread distrust of EAs and low volumes of family homes coming to the market (in my area anyway!) I'm surprised to not see more of this approach by genuine buyers.

BTW, if you want to truly anonymise the phone number in your 2nd attachment, you'll need to blank out the numbers in the gumtree URL, as they seem to uniquely identify gumtree listings.

HOLA445

One of my wife's friends used the leafleting tactic when she bought her house. She wanted to stay within a very specific area, and nothing suitable was coming on to the market. She targeted a range of houses she was interested in an got several responses. It worked for her, but the particular example in your post just feels like it isn't written by someone looking for a family home to live in, definitely feels a bit too 'professional'.

Given the wide spread distrust of EAs and low volumes of family homes coming to the market (in my area anyway!) I'm surprised to not see more of this approach by genuine buyers.

BTW, if you want to truly anonymise the phone number in your 2nd attachment, you'll need to blank out the numbers in the gumtree URL, as they seem to uniquely identify gumtree listings.

I'm not that bothered to be honest.

There's more to come with plenty of possible Google string searches for someone to try if so inclined

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

i have put a few of these through the door , no takers yet :angry:

You're must be missing the patronising bit about how a house sale works.

Anyway, where was i? Oh yes, flats in Eccles to rent. Further googling have me a multitude of search hits in various languages for a 10 berth holiday villanin Italy, with a different contact name.

Still wondering why these people would be interested in a street of little terrace houses...

HOLA449