House Price Crash Forum

Why Sell With Springbok?

HOLA441

Read something elsewhere about springbok -

"ATTRACTIVELY PRICED property to ENCOURAGE a faster than average sale. This property is PRICED LOW and is an ideal opportunity for buyers who are in a position to buy fairly quickly."

From their site

Am I going to have to sell my house cheap?

Our job is to get the best possible price for your property. It's as simple as that. We'll usually suggest offering a small discount to encourage interest but this is not fast property buying for cash. We'll market your property at the highest possible reasonable price, which you calculate with help and advice from the Springbok Properties team. A small discount + screened buyers = the best price + a fast sale!

So are they giving more realistic prices to properties?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I looked at these people. One interesting wrinkle is that they seem to insist that you use their legal people to conduct the sale- in other words your interest's will be looked after by a solicitor who is gaining a lot of business via Springbok- this I found worrying.

To be fair I did not check with them if this is compulsory or just something they would like to happen- but if they insist that you use their own people it looks like a really bad idea to me- because a Springbok appointed person would have a strong interest in not finding things that might block a sale or slow one down.