House Price Crash Forum

Lr Figures Will Show A Property Rising For A Long Time

teddyboy

HOLA441
Does this thread not simply show that the percentage of properties in the 150,000plus bracket is rising because house prices are rising and houses which might, previously, have been sold for sub-150,000 are now being sold in excess of that price? And therefore that property prices are still rising, despite our anecdotal evidence to the contrary?

CS

CORRECT!

Well as far as I can see your chart simply reflects the fact that prices have risen over the period.

CORRECT!

I think you have not read the title of the thread. I have made it clear that people are paying more money, by going further into debt, to buy the same properties. IE the properties are rising in selling price.

The point I am making is that when its reported that prices are going up the general opinion is that NOTHING IS COMING DOWN. So from the charts you can see that we are still paying for the silly peroid of 2003/2004. and prices ARE dropping but still show a high AVERAGE.

I am illustrating that declining house prices will show a rise YoY for some time, when in reality they are coming down. Until they drop to say 2002 price levels - they will always show a rise, as the 45% or something rise we had in 2003 is still hurting. And not showing a TRUE reflection of todays market conditions.

TB

* Sorry forgot to add. The reason I posted this was to show FTB's that the verage property has risen because of increase in sales of the >150K properties. It is my belief that the FTB and BTL market has hit rock bottom and the prices in this area seems to be dropping. So dont think that you should offer a FULL ASKING PRICE. the figures are skewed.

Edited by teddyboy