House Price Crash Forum

Expanded Airport - Some 450 Residents Intend Claiming For "home Devaluation"

inflating

HOLA441

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9920765.Residents_press_for_airport_compensation/?ref=la

Almost all of the residents at Friday’s meeting, at Eastwood Community Centre, agreed to join a new pressure group.

They heard from a Westcliff-based chartered surveyor who, so far, is representing 450 claimants.

,,,, “The vast majority of people here have probably lost thousands of pounds on the value of their homes.

The comments under the article are amusing and even interesting.

Edited by inflating

HOLA442

loved the following comment

'It would be interesting to know how many people lived in the area before the airport became operational. As far as i'm aware it became an airfield in WW1,and went on to become an official airport in 1935. In its heyday of the 60's and 70's it was the third largest airport in the UK and still the third largest for passenger numbers by the end of the 70s.

If you don't like aircraft and aircraft noise don't move close to an airport.

And yes flights do come out my house daily !!!!'

the natives are getting restless

For some time there was opposition to the runway extension etc from I think it has to be said a very small minority.

New, local jobs were promised and the easier foreign travel boosted the popularity of the idea of extending it. Indeed they are now or soon building yet another larger terminal I think, in addition to the new one just built, with flights to Germany being added shortly

It's going to be interesting to watch if the apparently positive attitude in the town previously, now turns as sour as weeks' old milk - following on from them seeing some property prices going south (for whatever reason!).

HOLA443