House Price Crash Forum

Blackpool Highrise Bulldozing Approved

HOLA441

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/high-rise-bulldoze-given-go-ahead-1-3675710

516385094.jpg

I particularly like this bit...

Council chiefs have revealed ambitious plans to replace the 504 properties on the estate with up to 250 new homes, including more family accommodation – while paying tenants £4,700 each to move.

HOLA442

ahh the layton flats. lots of rough wasters and junkies living in these. they are however stuck in a decent enough area, near bispham road and stanley park. so the area could make a very good estate.

thing is though property prices are dropping on their ass in blackpool to the point i think that its uneconomical to build there.

lots of junkies are gonna get 5k and rehoused though, the dealers will be having a ball

HOLA443

ahh the layton flats. lots of rough wasters and junkies living in these. they are however stuck in a decent enough area, near bispham road and stanley park. so the area could make a very good estate.

thing is though property prices are dropping on their ass in blackpool to the point i think that its uneconomical to build there.

lots of junkies are gonna get 5k and rehoused though, the dealers will be having a ball

Been talking to someone on Facebook about this. If they are "known" druggies they won't be getting the £5k.

Also not clear whether this is to just move them, or buy their secure tenancy.

Edited by Socially Housed