House Price Crash Forum

Multiple Estate Agents Representing A Property

HOLA441

I stumbled across this property listed today by two estate agents, both claiming to have an offer (that is different), but please contact them if you wish to make a higher offer:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30143827.html - claim to have a 79950 offer

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18377238.html - claim to have a 90000 offer

I am assuming one or both offers are fictional. Is it now becoming standard practice to claim to have an offer, to encourage people to buy?

Just makes them all look like a dishonest bunch...

HOLA442

They usually only show an offer if it is a repo which I assume this is.

No idea why the lower offer is still being advertised unless the higher one is very recent and the buyer is not in a position to move quickly.

Either way if the offers are advertised, then the lender must have accepted them both and have not asked the lower offer to be rejected due to the above or the agent with the lower offer is just no good at updating their listings.

HOLA443

the higher one is very recent

Property bee says no.

I'm guessing it's a repo, a genuine offer has been made of £79,950 and the other agent losing out is trying to encourage a higher offer, and by stating the £90k offer it would only receive offers higher than this.