House Price Crash Forum

Spain's Castilla-La Mancha Bust

HOLA441

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-money-to-pay-70000-state-workers-in-spains-castilla-la-mancha-situation-a-total-failure-2011-6

Plenty more where this came from (Murcia, Valencia etc). Looks like the PP are trying to force these debt issues to the surface before the election next year so they can pin the blame on the outgoing PSOE. I wonder if they will have the balls to audit the national accounts properly?

HOLA442

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-money-to-pay-70000-state-workers-in-spains-castilla-la-mancha-situation-a-total-failure-2011-6

Plenty more where this came from (Murcia, Valencia etc). Looks like the PP are trying to force these debt issues to the surface before the election next year so they can pin the blame on the outgoing PSOE. I wonder if they will have the balls to audit the national accounts properly?

Isn't Valencia a PP stronghold (famous for its corruption)?

I'm not so sure that the national accounts have been doctored (as you hint). If they had, they would surely have moderated the extremely high unemployment figures? (luckily the figures has started to come down the last 2 months as the summer season approaches). Plus, they would not have been able to gain all those succesful bond sales if things had been obviously doctored.

Incidentally, it looks like Estepona town hall is also in a mess. But I suspect they'll be able to turn things around a lot quicker than the Castilla-La Mancha lot. If only because they have large numbers of holiday home owners they can squeeze financially. Be warned, anyone thinking of buying a holiday home in Estepona.

Estepona town hall