House Price Crash Forum

Ea's Honest House Description?

HOLA441

Sorry, I don't know how to add a link to this RM ad, but in attempting to save it '32381918' is shown (£124,950 in Glos).

Just doing a little research and found this, perhaps the EA could have done a better writeup, did he mean to say it was constructed in approx 2008, but surely it's so new that 'roughly or approx' should not be necessary, it should be a definite date?

Unintended misdescription?

HOLA442

Sorry, I don't know how to add a link to this RM ad, but in attempting to save it '32381918' is shown (£124,950 in Glos).

Just doing a little research and found this, perhaps the EA could have done a better writeup, did he mean to say it was constructed in approx 2008, but surely it's so new that 'roughly or approx' should not be necessary, it should be a definite date?

Unintended misdescription?

Perhaps they were commenting on the quality of the build

Constructed roughly.................

HOLA443
HOLA444

OK, an honest EA then, surely not. :unsure:

Just wish I knew how to include the agents writeup.

Assume you mean this:

Rightmove

A MODERN and SPACIOUS two double bedroom end of terrace property. Constructed roughly in 2008 this well presented property comprises of cloakroom, 9'7 kitchen, 18'8 lounge, two double bedrooms and an upstairs bathroom. Other benefits include double glazing, gas central heating and off road parking for approx one car. DETAILS HAVE NOT BEEN VERIFIED BY THE VENDOR

Judging by the lack of address information and the part about the vendor not verifying details I would suggest it is a new instruction that they have listed and are awaiting confirmation of facts in order to not be prosecuted for mis-descriptions.

HOLA445

Assume you mean this:

Rightmove

Judging by the lack of address information and the part about the vendor not verifying details I would suggest it is a new instruction that they have listed and are awaiting confirmation of facts in order to not be prosecuted for mis-descriptions.

Yes SPA, thankyou.

Now, would you describe a property in the same fashion? I hope not.

I am aware of someone purchasing an immaculate nearly new 2 bed with garage for 120K (was 150K when new) have you seen same sort of drops in your area?

I'm getting tempted to get on that ladder again!

We are aware that there are some honest salespersons about, wife and I always buy cars from the same salesman at a large dealer, who we trust totally, having never sold us a pup. I only speak from experience.

HOLA446

I am aware of someone purchasing an immaculate nearly new 2 bed with garage for 120K (was 150K when new) have you seen same sort of drops in your area?

To be expected on newbuild. The 150 is unlikely to have been for real, and the difference is only the same 20% that the budget seems to want to standardise on even before you add any builders' own sweeteners.