House Price Crash Forum

Decent Rentals Flying Off The Shelves

HOLA441

Just returned from an extended holiday, staying with family whilst we try to rent somewhere in Worthing area. Decent places which meet our requirements (2 bed, garage, garden) are being snapped up almost on the day they are listed. Even rough places are going once the rent drops slightly....

Does certainly seem that there is a flood of people renting rather than buying. Also seem to be a steady flow of new properties to rent.... hmmm, unable to sell them perchance?

HOLA442

Yep, I'm seeing something like this in the Bournemouth/Christchurch area. I went to see a house the other day, said I wanted to apply and the agent told me no problem. Turns out, he's got 4 people interested and has sent the landlord a letter outlining our details/situations. The landlord is going to pick the one he wants from there :( I'm basically screwed being 30, single and self employed wanting a 2/3 bed detached house. I seriously doubt I'll get a look in at this property.

I think the record is 3 hours from going on RightMove to being let.

The worst thing is the letting agencies know they don't have to work at letting anything out. I've registered with a lot of local agencies and have never had a call from any of them in 3 months. They just put the property of Right Move and it goes. No hassle actually doing anything other than a short viewing. I wouldn't mind but they're all incompetent dimwits who are just a waste of good skin.

HOLA443

Just returned from an extended holiday, staying with family whilst we try to rent somewhere in Worthing area. Decent places which meet our requirements (2 bed, garage, garden) are being snapped up almost on the day they are listed. Even rough places are going once the rent drops slightly....

Does certainly seem that there is a flood of people renting rather than buying. Also seem to be a steady flow of new properties to rent.... hmmm, unable to sell them perchance?

In general, in the South East, decent rentals always have gone within a few days.

If a place is void for very long it will be because the rent is too high.

tim

Edited by tim123

HOLA444