House Price Crash Forum

Leftists

Authoritarian

HOLA441

When I was at university I considered myself left wing didn't really have a clue, but I was from a Labour supporting family. Voted Labour aged 19 hoped they would turn the country around and make it fairer. After graduating and seeing what a waste of time that going to university was I become more and more right wing. Watching the way immigration and labour's big brother state changed the country I was ready to join the BNP by my mid-twenties. New Labour and their BBC (propaganda machine) solidified my views simply because it was such obvious bullsh-t.

I'm in my 30s now I teach English in Asia I've become a bit more left wing again because I'm not living in the UK. I think the media in the UK doesn't help it almost makes you right-wing because it was so one way. The OP is right you can't reason with a lot of left wing people. Mention your against immigration and your a racist. Fu0ini Muppets some of them. I think a lot of them are ignorant or pretend to feel so strongly because it's 'cool', especially younger people. This infuriates me .

I think the whole left/right thing is bolloc-s, the problem is neoliberalism aka globalisation of capital. New Labour, the Tories the LD are all supporters of this ideology. Plenty of right wingers and left wingers are against it. They are considered extremists. Right wing or left wing I'm with them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived