House Price Crash Forum

Negative Equity - Use It To Your Advantage

HOLA441

Hey,

A lightbulb has just flashed over my head.

Being burned in the past, I'm just wondering - if a girlfriend moves into your place and stays for 6-months, she's entitled to half of your house.

Does this mean that if you are stuck in the Negative Equity trap, you can move some wealthy female in for 6 months, and low-and-behold, your Negative Equity has halfed?

:D

HOLA442
HOLA443
Hey,

A lightbulb has just flashed over my head.

Being burned in the past, I'm just wondering - if a girlfriend moves into your place and stays for 6-months, she's entitled to half of your house.

Does this mean that if you are stuck in the Negative Equity trap, you can move some wealthy female in for 6 months, and low-and-behold, your Negative Equity has halfed?

:D

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I was married for four years and although not on the deeds I had an interest applied to the deeds, but when we divorced I was pretty much entitled to nothing and had to really fight to get anything. That may be just had been my bad luck with a cr&p solicitor though. :unsure: