House Price Crash Forum

Do You Have To Leave Forwarding Address To Letting Agent?

grey shark

HOLA441

When leaving a rented property do you have to give the address to the letting agents of the next property you're moving into ?? They have asked using the excuse of passing on our forwarding address to utility companies and sending the deposit on , we will of course be passing on the meter readings ourself , as for the deposit i thought the DPS sent it direct to you once both parties have given their ID numbers , is this the case ??

Also in there 'checking out letter' , there is wording of using professional cleaners and these tossers want a fee for this , is this enforcable ?? { the house is all wooden flooring , and only 2 net curtains } i doubt it is enforcable .... but

We are having 4 or 5 witness's coming round to sign a pre printed out form that the house is immaculate , and thouroly clean , photo's also will be taken any other idea's ?

Just to add that the LA is a compulsive liar whom i've had several rows with and we are expecting them to try to steal some deposit money .

HOLA442
When leaving a rented property do you have to give the address to the letting agents of the next property you're moving into ?? They have asked using the excuse of passing on our forwarding address to utility companies and sending the deposit on , we will of course be passing on the meter readings ourself , as for the deposit i thought the DPS sent it direct to you once both parties have given their ID numbers , is this the case ??

Also in there 'checking out letter' , there is wording of using professional cleaners and these tossers want a fee for this , is this enforcable ?? { the house is all wooden flooring , and only 2 net curtains } i doubt it is enforcable .... but

We are having 4 or 5 witness's coming round to sign a pre printed out form that the house is immaculate , and thouroly clean , photo's also will be taken any other idea's ?

Just to add that the LA is a compulsive liar whom i've had several rows with and we are expecting them to try to steal some deposit money .

The letting agent wants a forwarding address from you because they feel they are entitled to request it - there's no obligation for you to provide one unless you want to.

I think the only reason they still ask for it is because they've forgotten that they don't control the deposit any more :lol:

HOLA443

Don't feel bullied into engaging the services of professional cleaners. Your own cleaning will be sufficient. The LA is just trying to catch you at a weak moment, when you are feeling both lazy and worried, to get you to pay their inflated cleaning charges.

HOLA444

No it's not. It's acceptable for them to insist that the house is left clean (assuming that is how you received it), but how you achieve that is entitrely up to you.

tim

HOLA445

The only reason I ask for the tenants forwarding address is so that I can return the deposits (TDS) so can think of no other reason if it's DPS. Although to be fair I also send any stray post on too.

HOLA446
The only reason I ask for the tenants forwarding address is so that I can return the deposits (TDS) so can think of no other reason if it's DPS. Although to be fair I also send any stray post on too.

When I move, I expect to leave a forwarding address, so the agent can forward any mail. But that's because I have an agent I expect to play fair.

Wouldn't hesitate to disappear without trace from one or two shysters I've encountered in the past.