House Price Crash Forum

Heathrow Gateway Development In Colnbrook

tastingstars

HOLA441

I occasionally drive past this development by Rigsby Homes (http://www.rigsbygroup.com) which is being put up right under the Heathrow flight path, pretty much, on the site of an old garage on the A4 roundabout at Colnbrook. I noticed today as I drove past at about 10am that there was no activity on site at all. There seemed to be no work going on, just a tower crane standing forlorn. From memory, there's not been much progress in the last couple of weeks.

Any local types around who could comment?

HOLA442

That site has been mothballed for almost a year now, I drive past it most days on my way to work in Polye, no sign of anyone on there for months, I know they were using cheap labour (Poles) as the mini bus could often be seen dropping them off, still, it's a good indicator locally how crap things are.

I have a flat in St Leonards on Sea that's rented out, been doing refurb work on it recently and drive down the A21, just within Hurst Green I have noticed two unfinished detached houses up to roof level, no tiles, been abandoned, all the roof supports are going grey where they are open to the elements, another victim, am I bothered?

As far as I'm concerned, until I see some movement on these properties, it's still very much dead, even the South East is totally screwed.